Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Trials Central

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

grib

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Posts posted by grib

  1. I am not familiar with a Beta Zero. If you set the piston at TDC and look on the flywheel where the ignition trigger is, then put the stator in the position that aligns (as near as possible) the pickup coil with the trigger.

  2. The lack of link pipe shouldn't make any difference. It sounds like it is far too rich - have you stripped the carb and made sure everything is working as it should? PHBL24BS is the right carb but I cant help with jet sizes etc; ring Bill Pye he will tell you what the spec should be.

  3. I made a new top nut and bottom spacer to fit yokes from a 243 to my 240, they would work with 241 yokes and I think they would work with 245 yokes too (I have a 245 I could measure to make sure);

    I was thinking of making a batch if there was enough interest.......

  4. ·

    Edited by grib

    The LH seal is in a separate carrier that is held in place by 3 screws - make sure the O ring between the carrier & crank cases is in good condition. The more difficult one is the RH one - you will need to hook it out with something without damaging the sealing surface of the crank.

    Flywheel nut is a normal RH thread, and the arrow on the pressure plate lines up with a dimple on the clutch hub not the basket. I can look up the torque settings for when you put it back together if you like?

  5. I would suggest not using sealant unless there is damage to the rim which is causing the leak. After watching Jim Snell's video I have fitted several rim bands and they all sealed first time. I use tyre fitting gel instead of soapy water though.

  6. The centre line of the rear wheel is going to have to line up with the centre line of the front wheel/steering stem and (probably) the centre of the swinging arm pivot - can you take some measurements and work it out?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.