How Well Do You Know Me?

Andy

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I do have a reasonable collection of war films, but that's a bloke thing and not the answer. I've made a couple of mods to the Scoob, but that amounts to a dump valve and a sweeter sounding back box so that's not the answer either! I don't do stained glass windows, minature steam engines or Corgi toys so they're out. Whoever suggested hill-climbing has obviously never seen me strugle my way up Fersit!

Only one person got it right.

I take things like this:

wall_lamp.jpg

and thing like this

burner_this_morning.jpg

and turn them into things like this

burner_this_afternoon.jpg8

and this

lamp1.jpg

When I was a kid, because of where we lived, we were often without electricity in winter due to the severity. I loved the smell of the old paraffin lamps we used then and still love it - brings back good memories of a very much mis-spent youth. I got a couple of lamps from my parents and it grew from there. I've got about 12 in perfect condition with about 50 in various states of restoration going from needing loads of work through to nearly done.

What I WAS going to post, before I decided it might be a bit of fun for folk to guess, was if anyone had old lamps lying about then I'm open to buying. I'll look at almost anything. I'm mostly into brass paraffin lamps or paraffin barn lanterns if in good condition (seen some rusty buggers recently beyond restoration!), but will also consider old Tilley lamps (especially if wall-mounted) and also old railway lanterns.

paul w - I'll be in touch. It doesn't make the winter nights fly by, but despite living within a few miles of a power station, I seem to have a lot of power cuts and it does make me the envy of my neighbours who struggle to find their candles :beer: