Scott Trial For The Spectators

ruffrider

Hi,

I'm gonna try and get there.

I knew nothing really about this until I just started digging .... 80 miles, 76 sections, 2.5hours ..... good grief !!!!

Can anyone tell me exactly where it starts/finishes and where the best subs are for spectators ..... we really can't cover it ALL.

Any info/help greatly appreciated.

You may be confused, the fastest man takes somewhere around 5 1/2 hours to do it & us mortals then get another 2 1/2 hours to finish in after that.

First rider is away at 9.00am & they go off at 20 second intervals after that. Start field is between Richmond & Marske, the trial goes round Swaledale & Arkendale. RMC sell a good programme which has a map in it showing all the major spectator points. The way the route will run this year I suggest Start field, Surrender then Whaw Bridge then Underbanks & finally back to the finish.

Edited by PERCE

I'll be going round and have had 4 years experience at it! You're welcome to tag along with me if you want. I'll have space in the car.

Hmph! Take it we're dumped this year then?! :unsure:

Ne he's getting a minibus and we're all coming...think we should tell him first???? :)

Hmph! Take it we're dumped this year then?! :unsure:

Thought you and the noisy one were time-keeping? Either way, last time I checked you could get five in my car. Kinell's not playing this year so Andrea won't be there which leaves a vacant seat!

We are, but we fullly expected you (in your role as chauffeur) to hang about until the last man was off and then deliver us safely back within five hours. :)

And as for the spare seat...I think you forgot about Em!!vvOnly kidding btw, am going to try and get my heap of a car round the main sections myself - have enrolled Perce's kids to help push me out of the mud on the start field... :unsure:

Will you miss us? ;)

Ne he's getting a minibus and we're all coming...think we should tell him first???? :D

I like your thinking! :D

We are, but we fullly expected you (in your role as chauffeur) to hang about until the last man was off and then deliver us safely back within five hours. :unsure:

you sure....after seeing some of his driving round the peninsula I'd have second thoughts..specially if "you know who" was navigating :):D

(Andy can we have a spell check please had to re read that)

Edited by Slapshot 3

Andy,

thanks very much for the offer of a lift but there seems to be much ado it. Clearly they all like your scooby and want ride, or is it the experience of your driving that they're after?

Anyway, I'll probably have the lad with me so, if it's alright with you we might follow.

Andy,

thanks very much for the offer of a lift but there seems to be much ado it. Clearly they all like your scooby and want ride, or is it the experience of your driving that they're after?

Anyway, I'll probably have the lad with me so, if it's alright with you we might follow.

Yer alright - we're only winding him up! He's got nae mates this year, so if you're brave enough, go for it - it makes all the difference going to sections with someone who knows where they're going (and where to park!) :unsure:

After the last time I rode in Andy's car I can't think any more ***** or trash would make the slightest of difference.

That was the Galant. The Scoob is treated differently - or was until I let HL, Cam, and your eldest visit a bakers and spread their pastry flakes all over it!