Bear Valley Trial

We just got back from another 500 mile drive from a trials in northern California. Then yesterday my son Ty was home from school and wanted to look at trials pictures on the Internet so I clicked on lewisportusa.com for him and he found the pictures from Bear valley last year and I happened to say there is a trial there in a few weeks, so he says "let's go". I explained to him it was as far as the trial we just came home from and that we had one that same weekend that is only a 1.5 away. He says "but Dad it's only 8 or 9 hours of a drive" :unsure: So I think we're off again to another long drive, Going to a great trials place for two days of riding instead of one day in the hot, dry desert.... :)

Im planning on being there. I am still sore from riding this event last year. :unsure: I hope Scott Head doesnt come out and kick our a$$es like he did last year.

Had a blast last year and plan on the same this year. Pizza night was fun on Saturday night also. The are doing the same this year.

Sirhc how much does cost to fill up your truck? Is it a hybird?

Sirhc how much does cost to fill up your truck? Is it a hybird?

A sane person wouldn't drive as much as I do unless they had a hybrid.

I had a 65 gallon tank put in my truck which brings my total 110 gallons. Before I left home I filled up and it was around $240. Without the trailer that got me all the way there and would of got me home, but I filled up at the Grape Vine because they had Diesel that was cheaper.

The enjoyment Ty and I have is all well worth it though, along the same lines as Alan's story. It's funny though, Ty tells his Grand Parents how great it was and how he won and how on the loop there was this really hard hill that me and his Uncle Matt had to push him up, It's hard to believe that hill almost brought him to tears and that he was in tears after one of the sections. I don't know if he only remembers the good parts or what, but on the drive home he kept saying how bored he was and how he just wanted to ride his motorcycle some more, then on Monday when he should be sore and tired he sees the Bear Valley pictures and wants to go to that trials.

Ya, it's all worth it :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...
D'oh......guess I should have talked to the wife first :) Her family is having a reunion that weekend, I guess it's just one day in the desert for me. :(

What are you squawking about? It was a great trial!!!

And, it wasn't in the dry desert. Section 1 was a water section!

MalibuDon Posted Yesterday, 08:03 PM

QUOTE(sirhc @ Sep 7 2006, 03:36 AM)

D'oh......guess I should have talked to the wife first Her family is having a reunion that weekend, I guess it's just one day in the desert for me.

What are you squawking about? It was a great trial!!!

And, it wasn't in the dry desert. Section 1 was a water section!

Lucerne usually is not one of my favorite places to go, but the trials that the Plonkers put on was excellent :) I had a really good time riding the trials and the water section made for a nice change. I wasn't able to stay for the night fun, but knowing the Plonkers I'm sure it was wild.

While I was there I talked to Ringo for the first time and he's not such a @ss in person :( of course I think his truck might think otherwise :(

If you didnt go to Bear Valley you missed a great Trial. Sections were long and hard :) Im still sore. Adrain & Mandy did a great event that was well planned out. Mr Bill was there to help. Now that Mr Bill is there PITS has sold the Bull Horn and PA system.

Lots of young riders from the Southern CA area. Oh yeah and some old guy named Scott Head. Never heard of him before but he is good. He said he never practices, but he cleaned our clocks. I was too tired to read the scores after the event but I think Scott won with about 5 points. I had 77 points.

Cody Webb showed up. Adrain got him in tune for the TDN. Big walls and more big walls. You could always tell where Cody was on the loop because he had a crowd following him. Even the local Sherrifs showed up. You could see they were amazed watching Cody.

Rumor has it Adrain made the sections hard so he could sell more motorcycle parts.

Thanks for a great weekend.

Thanks to everyone who turned up at Bear-- hope you had fun and not toooo sore!!--but you should know by now if i have anything to do with the sections it wont be no nassy panssy 5 point loops!--once again thanks for all that attended and helped out-- oh! and what about "ishy"!!-- only drives 700 miles and woops everyone in the advanced line-- lucky he did it on a no award basis!!

See photos at www.lewisportusa.com :wacko: