Mitas Rear Trials Tyre

rapid roy

I've ran a couple of rear tyres (please bear in mind I'm an easy route rider!!!), and don't discount them.....

First one was on a Scorpa 125T, and I've recently put one on my Beta 200.

Agree they are a hard compound, and you have to run them at 3psi max, BUT they have served me very well. They last for ages, and for me (and remember I'm an easy route rider) they give no worse grip than others I've tried.

Two weeks ago was a particularly muddy trial (Shafto Craggs) and certainly the Beta gripped as well as anything else..

People vote with their feet, and I have bought two in a row

cheers

John.

Good to see some objective replies, with a bit of thought................

I've found them to be no worse than any others I've tried, and in fact in muddy conditions (when run on very low PSI) have found them to grip very well.

Now I'm no expert rider, so maybe if I was to hop on a 6ft rock step, with an adverse camber then maybe I might be thinking "mmm maybe this compound is a bit hard, and not as sticky as some others......!"

And I buy not on cheap, but value for money - there is a difference

(by the way - does anyone get taught English at school these days !!!!)

cheers

John.

I found the MITAS was fine except where a Michelin would conform well to the shape of the edges of hard objects, the MITAs would not conform quite as well.

I wondered why until I measured the depth of the MITAS carcass and found it had about 1/2" less depth overall than a Michelin/Dunlop (ie lower profile than Michelin/Dunlop). Less depth = shorter contact patch.

Grip on dirt, smooth large rocks and large logs was fine with the MITAS.

Test bikes were 2003 Rev 3 200 and 1976 Cota 348.