Riding Holiday In Wales

dan

We're starting to get a little tired of our usual riding spots in Cornwall and were looking to go somewhere a little further afield for a few days riding. I know of several trials holiday places in Cornwall and Devon where there is accommodation and lots of riding land available, but these are a little too close to home for us. My google-fu isn't turning up any places like this in Wales, but I'm hoping somewhere exists. Can anyone help me out?

If not, can anyone recommend any places to stay in Wales (preferable south - mid Wales) where a van full of between 3 and 6 people with bikes will be welcomed? It would need to be close to some good riding spots - the ones I've been seeing pictures of on here look exceptionally good - and offer some way to wash and store our bikes (just a hose pipe and garage would do for this).

Edited by dan

Don't know of any where that directly advertises that dan, but a couple of years back when i was touring wales with my road bike, i rang the tourist board who were able to come up with a list of places that had secure overnight parking etc also were bike friendly. Did the same for southern ireland the year after...so my bet would be fire off an email to the tourist board mate.

Thanks people. Maybe it might be better to come at this from a different angle then and look for excellent places to ride first and then find friendly places to stay in the area later. Actually, considering the riding is the entire point of the trip, I don't know why I was ever thinking of doing it another way!