Best Value Twinshock?

marky g

Cheers MT, I've just painted the frame and I'm in the process of putting it all back togethor in the next few days/weeks.

The bike is in very good nick for it's age, I can only imagine that this is because the bike has lived it's life on road and not off so to speak, wheels and spokes are in very good condition, rear shocks and fork stantions are also very good, engine sounds sweet.....I've took off the lights and all the unwanted tack.....I'll bang on a few pics of before and after when it's done :thumbup:

Hi, just looking at at TLR200 myself thats been brought in from Japan with all the electrics, battery etc still on it. How much trouble did you have in getting rf all the extra weight, did you need to replace the battery with anything? Any help really appreciated.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is probably the best value I've found so far...

It's an '81 Cota 200 I just bought.

Equipped with Fox Shox and several tweaks for serious competition.

Hadn't run for years and years, I cleaned the carb and it fired right up, sounds strong.

Now even stone cold, starts on first kick.

Everything needs work, but for about 48 quid I'm not complaining.

post-259-1164603012.jpg

Edited by vintageCota

if you want a bike you just add gas and ride,it`s hard to beat a 280 swm.they ride,turn ,stopand have as much or more power than any twinshock ever made.parts are not a problem anymore.great fun bike if you can find one