O4 250 Pro Ignition Problem

nickj

My previously 100% reliable pro gave up this morning after 100yds with no spark. disabling the kill switch and a new plug had no effect. It has the Kokusan pickup coil system on it but the trailspartsusa site does not have any testing details on the wiring diagram it has.

Does anyone have any ideas, especially for the voltages / resistances of the coil, the pickup coil and the stator coil?

Many thanks

Nick

the problem is the earth pin and the low tension pin in the cdi connector block , take apart bend out the tags in the pins ,clean with wd 40 ,remake connection making syure the pins are fully home. the two wires are blue /white and black. They are a touch on the short side and easily displace. kokusan unit failure is unheard of. I've helped severral people with the same thing this summer.

Thanks Bigwig but still no success.

All of the feeds from the stator are delivering volts when kicked over, as is the pick up coil, so it looks like the control box is the only thing left.

Any other ideas??

Many thanks

Nick

You may find what you need here http://www.gasgas.com/Pages/Technical/Home.html

Or email Mr. Snell yourself.

Have you tried replacing the spark plug cap & wire? The vibes from the 2T's that I've had seem to wear out the connections in the cap over time. (plug to cap and cap to wire)

ps - how's Halesowen these days? I was there in the 70's visiting my mom's side of the family. I had my first ride on a Bultaco trials bike there when i was 17 in a gravel pit. Is there anywhere local left where you can ride ?

I have used the technical info from GasGas USA but have not thought of e-mailing Mr Snell.

I have already swapped the coil and lead etc, and the more I look at it the more it appears to be the CDI unit that is the problem.

Halesowen has changed a lot since you were here and we need to go a few miles now to find a decent practise area. No complaints though as we have a number of good events within an hours drive most weekends.

Thanks for the help

Nick