Taming A 300 Pro

cubby

Have been riding my new 300 for a few weeks and need to knock the edge of the performance a little.

Usual mods like flywheel weight etc I know about, but someone has suggested swopping the middle box from an ally one to a steel one. They say it works a treat, so does anyone have expeience of this or can confirm if it works?

best one for bottom end i think is the flywheel weight but i dont see how the different middle box would make a difference unless it has some restrictors or something similar inside it or has a smaller baffle which would restrict the flow of the gasses been pumped out not too sure :hyper::hyper:

Hey Boy,

Have you tried changing the Ducati Ignition to a lower setting.I changed my 300 gg from the standard number 3 setting to a number 1.This made a big difference to mine.

Also i added a base gasket and slow action trottle to tame it! I cant see how changing the middle box would tame it..??

Wasley

This may seem an obvious question but why do you guys buy the 300 then mess about trying to reduce its grunt. The 300 is renowed for being a fierce bit of kit. I only know one guy who rides one and it put him in hospital!

This may seem an obvious question but why do you guys buy the 300 then mess about trying to reduce its grunt. The 300 is renowed for being a fierce bit of kit. I only know one guy who rides one and it put him in hospital!

you know another and no hospital food for me.

totally agree why buy a bike and then sod around with it never makes sense - only arguement i can see would be

Edited by spud

was that about me He he, I always thought the steel box made the bike more firece i notice raga and colley using them on there 2004 2005 bikes.

Why tame it?

just get use to it, Its a beast of a bike.

My bro has an 04 raga, and it has a flywheel weight on, and a fast action throttle and its fantastic.

The bike seems more 'twitchy' than mine, In the steering, and yes it can be a handful but its still a bloody fantastic ride !

- with the weight it still bloody revs up quick, would be interresting to take it off but he cant get the bolts out !! :hyper:

was that about me He he

Yes mate! I should have added you're a nutter as well though :hyper::hyper:

Also i added a base gasket....

Wasley

The base gasket makes a real difference---I replaced mine and only had a much thicker one on hand-- it changes more than compression--quite a taming--but I want th old one back next time, hehe since I live at 6k

Yep, although not one he has ridden in earnest so basically it is brand new, just set up for him. He lives just round the corner from me.

It has '07 forks and electrics and has some bark when you give it some stick. Black Renthal bars, clamps and black sprockets, so it looks pretty cool.

Haven't managed to get anything sorted yet as have been too busy at work, but hopefully in the next couple of weeks.

On saying that I rode a trial on Sunday where the sections were not too tight and you could let her rip.....and rip she did! Gripped really well and I throughly enjoyed it....and had a decent ride as well.

Took delivery of my 06 Raga last thurs. Initial impression was "god what a snorter". Then I changed to the 10T front sprocket and it's calmed it down considerably IMO. It's got so much torque it'll get away with high(er) gearing and this results in you going way quicker than you'd like.

I've a trial this weekend then I'll see whether I need the flywheel weight.