Beta 4-stroke

kinell

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew that you couldnt resist the four stroke shine K.!! My one question is this tho (and i may ave missed it in the record postings and it aint a critisim[sp]) and this is a fundamentaly basic kiddie question.......if the new Beta is and rides like a two stroke....then ..erm...why ?? Why the difference,answers on a postcard please <_<

My one question is this tho and this is a fundamentaly basic kiddie question.......if the new Beta is and rides like a two stroke....then ..erm...why ??

a) Because I love Beta's, nothing else will do...

B ) Because it's new

c) It looks luvverly

d) I've never had a 4 stroke

e) It sounds good

f) and finally, coz it's my money <_<

Edited by Kinell

I saw a man today looking lost at addingham moorside, on a Rev 4t, could this be 'kin ell ? Then I saw the reg plate on the van and my suspicions were confirmed.

bike looks just as good as in the photos mate

Edited by Baldilocks

So how was it?

Any problems starting when hot?

Any cough when cracking open the throttle?

Is it in the front room now?

It's brilliant and I love it :dunce: I admit that I took a bit of a gamble by ordering one of the first batch without even seeing or hearing one in action but I'm now very glad that I did.

It will take a couple more outings to get used to it proper but so far, so good. Very impressed with the way it felt so planted and stable - so easy to ride which makes you feel confident on it straight away. The engine braking is there but it isn't harsh, doesn't free wheel as easy as a 2 stroke does if you know what I mean.

It started first kick from cold this morning with no throttle, knocked the choke off straightaway as per Griffo's advice and the bike ran perfectly all day. I stalled it a few times and it fired up first/second kick every time - didn't need to use the 'hot start' lever either. I think the stalling was due to me not being used to a 4 banger along with the engine being tight and the tickover set too low. Upped the tickover slightly and that seemed to cure it. It's had 5 hours running time now so another 5 or 10 should have everything bedded in nice and gentle. I will then fit the speedo and see what it's like down the road.

No cough from tickover at all. In fact, I had it parked up and running for half an hour the other night and the revs picked up instantly when I cracked the throttle open.

Sharing the same frame and running gear as the Rev-3 makes the change easier for me. The engine allows you to just chug along as slow as you like. However, open it up a bit and there's plenty of oomph for your money. A mate of mine said the power delivery comes on stonger than his 280 GasGas.

It's in the garage now, all washed off, greased up and ready to go again :D

PS

It grips like **** too :banana2:

all this talk of the patter of tiny valves gets me all broody,

i would love a new baby but the wife says she is barron,and if i get one off someone else she will leave me

have to stick with the monty for a couple of years,never mind,my mate picks his up tommorow so i can be its godfather.

I rode in the Vale of Evesham today, there were a few Rev4's in attendance including Steve Saunders and Steve Workman but interestingly a B route clubman on one.

The B route rider had a few stalls. In fact.... Five in the first five sections that I saw alone!

I wonder if this is a common problem when they are new? Or maybe just a common problem?