Beta/ktm

ba baraccus

Ok we all know that Beta and KTM are partners in the engine department with the Beta enduro machine using KTM power. So I was wondering if the engine deal works both ways? Now that Beta have developed their own 4stroke trials engine will KTM be looking to borrow it for a trial bike of their own? After all there was rumours in the recent past that KTM were going to build a trial bike (or did I dream that?)!

Does anyone know any more about the KTM trials rumour? :hyper:

Now that Beta have developed their own 4stroke trials engine will KTM be looking to borrow it for a trial bike of their own?

They already swap engines, I've heard that the engine in the Beta 80 is the same as the engine in the KTM 65 MX bike...

most the little betas are ktm engined but i think its ktm who made it and beta who used it.

I've checked this with somebody who knows for definite and the KTM uses the Beta engine.

Just found this: -

http://www.ktm.co.uk/23.19.html?detailview...Hash=da62385a81

It must be a Beta engine, check the carburetor make :(

Edited by Kinell

Now that Beta have developed their own 4stroke trials engine will KTM be looking to borrow it for a trial bike of their own?

They already swap engines, I've heard that the engine in the Beta 80 is the same as the engine in the KTM 65 MX bike...

Yes but will KTM use the Beta developed motor in a trial bike of there own?