Novogar Clubmans Championship.

scorpa3

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am confident we will get the severity right for the 2007 event. With luck and good planning scores should be lower whilst retaining the competitive nature of the Colmore.

Katy rode well in 2006 to finish on 100. I would hope that (if we are lucky enough for her to ride with us again in '07) she will be around half that figure.

One thing for sure, a local rider of the standard of Barry Husband must finish on less than 80 if the event is a Novogar round!

I've read with interest John Collins information and input from Perce and all you others (excellent info). John Collins comments have now pushed me to think very seriously about riding the championship, but i do have some points perhaps John will not be able to help with.

I've never ridden outside my centre (south eastern) .i'm not a centre expert rider and at a push i'd say i'm am average intermediate. Although i now have a ruff idea about what type of sections i may encounter i've only ever ridden in woodland and in streams and muddy banks. Can anyone help to give me a better idea of the type of sections i would encounter at a typical Novogar trial. If this is of help , i have observered at the SSDT in 2003 and those sections where a little bit to hard for me then, but at the end of each day i was able to ride my section almost clean. That said i have improved a little since 2003 and so would now consider entering the SSDT perhaps in 2008.

I have made enquiries about this championship to riders in my centre and i've been told to avoid certain events because the sections are way to hard. (i'm not saying which events). Is there a steward to oversee these events to stop the CofC getting carried away. The last thing i want is to travel 200miles to an event i've no chance of riding.

I pre-empt a thanks for any reply

www.trialsinfo.com

Edited by spud

Spud, the Colmore will be worth entering in 07 as it will be aimed as Pete has said at riders like ourselves. Sections are usually slippy climbs, roots and the odd quarry type section, good ride around the cotswolds.

Bikespaces round looked good as well in Mid Wales, did nt enter as it clashed with the Hipwell but will be doing it next year.

Thanks Betarev3.

I'm going to sound really stupid with this question; where do i find out how to enter and which trials have road work. I'm also thinking about changing my rear tyre i've an IRC which is a little soft

Edited by spud

Spud, regs should be out well in advance and probably be advertised on here as well. The Colmore is run by the Stratford on Avon club and have their own web site for regs. I would think most are road trials, the Colmore,Wallace definately are but not sure about the others.

Best keep the IRC on mate, more grip the better :lol:

Vic Brit round 1 Novo regs

Stratford Site (Colmore)

Edited by Betarev3