Stirring The 125 Pot

alan bechard

I just spoke with one of my NATC reps and was told there is more to the 125 changes then was originally posted here.

I tried to check it out on the NATC website but it is not yet updated. If you have a youngster that you intend on riding the NATC national series in 07 you need to contact your NATC rep and insure that you understand the appropriate class for your child to ride.

I will try and get more details, but there are some pieces of this puzzle that I do not have a grip on yet. Best to check on it with your rep that attended the meeting and get the full story.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe there needs to be a 125cc Jr and adult Champion, two classes!

One class should be for the best 125cc riders of any age and this would be the offical 125cc national champion who rides on the Expert line like was announced. Then we also need a 125cc junior class that rides the sportsmen line. That would prepare our best youngsters for the 125cc national championship and prepare them to compete with the rest of the World's best 125cc riders.

The only reason to have a 125cc national title is to prepare our best youngsters for the World Championship and the TDN. Then of course, next we need to look at the foremat of the Youth Nationals and improve the classes structure to create an atmosphere where our best kids would get even better training and preperation for the world title.

One class should be for the best 125cc riders of any age and this would be the offical 125cc national champion who rides on the Expert line like was announced. Then we also need a 125cc junior class that rides the sportsmen line

1. I think you want the 125 junior class for your son to ride.

2.That would make for too many classes with very few people in each one.

What's the point of adults riding 125s? Why not have two 200 classes? And two 300 classes? And two four-stroke classes? Oh, and a couple of 175 classes?

The 125 exists for the Juniors. Let them ride it. :lol:

If the NATC accidentaly does something good, just run with that for a year or two and see where it goes. Nobody has to ride the class, and if nobody much rides it, it will go away. But it may turn out to be like the 125 nationals....er lites.

They could have a round at the youth nationals. Just 125's of course. Kind of promote the class and show the kids what to shoot for.

Bama, I'm always thinking of what's best for the US Team as a whole! What would it take to put a US Team on top at the TDN.

To do that some minor changes of the Youth Nationals would help. Also, what would maximize the competition at the US NATC Nationals to develope our best youngsters for the 125cc World Title. In my view, when the tide rises, so do all the boats with it.

The 125 Expert(Ages 10-17) is perfect don't you think? The Euro kids like Alexz Wigg rode our National Expert line at the US World Round.........the new 125 class is on the Expert line sounds good to me. :lol:

But it may turn out to be like the 125 nationals....er lites.

That's funny.......the Lites Expert class.

125 Expert(Ages 10-17) is perfect don't you think? The Euro kids like Alexz Wigg rode our National Expert line at the US World Round.........the new 125 class is on the Expert line sounds good to me.

Here we go again

So if your from a remote area where riding a 125 is not practical what do you do stay home? Does anyone out there belive the reason the euros are so good is because of the amount of competition. Is eliminating competion (restricting to 125s only) a good idea. I thought the 125 idea was so you have to struggle to get traction. If you eliminate half the competion dont you eliminate the struggle. What is wrong with the current way ride what ever bike you want but if you want to become a future star stay on a 125 and beat those 280s after all to the majority opinion is they are not serious riders anyway or they would be on a 125.

John, is Homer riding Nationals next year (07)? I was thinking of him when the discussion came up and that he would be a likely candidate depending on how the rules worked out.

I have recieved mixed information about what was decided at the meeting, from several folks that were there, I have written them and asked for clarification which is why I am not putting it out here.

My kids will not be in the National hunt this year so it is academic for me, but I believe it will effect some of the youngsters depending upon what was decided and agreed upon at the NATC meeting.

Again, the way to get an answer, if anyone cares, is to contact your NATC rep, or if nothing else Brian off the NATC website.

my plans are for 1 or 2 possibly more. If there is not a class for him other than sportsman then we will probly stay home and ride the 280 at the farm and save some bucks. Let me know whats up we have no club so we have no club rep.

If there is not a class for him other than sportsman then we will probly stay home and ride the 280 at the farm and save some bucks.

What about the JR(Support Line) and HS(ES Line)? The JR class is ages 10-15 and HS is 10-17. Why can't he ride on of those?

The way I read it on here and the way my NATC Rep. said it was they where adding a 125cc class for 12 to 17 year olds that would ride the expert line. The JR and HS classes would stay as they are, open to any bike size. Have you now heard somthing diffrent?