Are Trials Riders Better Drivers?

zippy

Are trials riders better drivers?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Are trials riders better drivers in adverse weather conditions?

• Yes
    • No
    • Only the Europeon ones, all US drivers can't drive.
    • US drivers are the best cuz they the best at everything.

The whole inspiration for this question came about a couple of days ago when here in Michigan we got our first "real"winter storm. There were a large amount of reports in local media of cars going off the road and getting into accidents. I am thinking that trials riders have a better understanding of traction and throttle control than non-trials riders, so the assumption is that we would be better drivers. Disclaimer: This is a broad generalization and I am not saying that a non-trials rider could not be a good driver. Also obviously the last 2 options are meant for humor. :wacko:

voted yes :lol:

Last year up at the canel in the town i live an old granny reversed her little disabled mobile straight into the canel,people pulled her out but all she was worried about was the false nasher's she lost whilst she was in the canel. :wacko:

Many moons ago I worked for a large national company that had a regular safe driver competition, the criteria being you had to be accident free for 5 years. The event consisted of a free night on the Beer and a presentation of some gift vouchers . My particular department had 6 representatives ( out of about 120 eligible workers) All of us where current motorcyclists. So it may be that motorcyclists in general make better car drivers

fellonmelug Posted Today, 03:54 PM

So it may be that motorcyclists in general make better car drivers

I totally agree, Road riders are generally more aware of their surroundings and more vigilant. But I am wondering if even within the motorcycling community if the trials riders are better drivers due to the throttle control and traction skills that we have.

I put no!! because Trials riders are more interested in paying attention to Motorway embankments or rocky outcrops whilst they drive as apposed to other road users.. The best sections in the world are the ones your not allowed to ride on, usually next to roads or roundabout landscapping!!!!

I put no!! because Trials riders are more interested in paying attention to Motorway embankments or rocky outcrops whilst they drive as apposed to other road users.. The best sections in the world are the ones your not allowed to ride on, usually next to roads or roundabout landscapping!!!!

I totally agree..some of the best sections i have seen were spoiled by some lions or tigers mooching around in there! Bloody zoos! :wacko:

PHB Posted Today, 12:00 PM

you should ask the trials rider at our trial yesterday he reversed into a passing car at a T junction and his bike was still strapped to the back of his car ooops!!!!

OOOOPPPPSSSS! I guess that would be a no.

PHB Posted Today, 12:00 PM

you should ask the trials rider at our trial yesterday he reversed into a passing car at a T junction and his bike was still strapped to the back of his car ooops!!!!

OOOOPPPPSSSS! I guess that would be a no.

Yeah but i think he was :wacko: it dont count :lol:

Perth Zoo in Western Australia has the greatest artificial rocks you can imagine, can't say i'd like to take a dab in the croc enclosure though!!!

The rocks are made of wire mesh sprayed with concrete then stained, whether or not they would support a trials bike I don't know?