Non Helmet Wearing

sirhc

I don't think you can blame promoters for requiring helmets. That would be a requirement of the insurance carrier for the event.

No insurance no event.

No large corporation is going to take the risk of promoting a sporting event without some financial protection. The insurance companies know what motivates lawyers and juries to give huge settlements and they know how to cover their ass ets , thus the toothless wonder will have to wear a full coverage helmet......or bubble wrap his bike and all landing surfaces.

Here in the uk - there is no prob getting insurance cover for trials where riders like to have a choice.

Its down to the claims record. Trials = safe sport = low claims.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a accident about 10 or more years in a trial, rider going up lane on wrong side, we hit,

without a helmet i would have been goosed, cracked the helmet open.

It is madness not wearing a helmet. :wall:

Vinnie :guinness:

Some folk have witnessed the side effects though :moon:

Last summer on a trip home from a motocross race in Washington state, I happened to be watching in my rear view mirror at the exact moment and saw a man and a woman high side a big Harley Davidson onto pavement at 60 mph with no helmets on. You can imagine how those dew rags protected their skulls. I can't get the picture out of my mind. :guinness: As a result I personally think anyone riding a motorcycle should always wear a helmet.