Why Ride Loops?

plunker

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6.5 to the cloeset one and about 9 or 10 hours is the farthest i'll drive for a weekend event. talk about burtal i've actually gotten home just in time to shower and go to work monday.

but down here in the swamps we don't have rocks or hills so i really love the chance to ride so many great places

what my club does is you start onthe section that shares the number with the second number in your number

Just run that by me again Jack.

okay - say the riders number is 24 - the rider will start on section 4 because 4 is the last number in his riding number

SIMPLE

I've always liked the clover leaf idea. I think we e mailed on that a fews years back while discussing ideas.

It would take some great planning but it would work great too.

Rob, I'm not sure you remember but it was my son Jordan and me checking on Sat in Ga. Hottest day I can remember! It was ugly hot~

:( But Alan your Lucky ! From where I live it's a 8 hour or better drive to all the BEAUTIFUL riding areas

in Tenn. So I have to plan out 3 or 4 day weekends to load up the old Fantic !!!

But I'm investigating homes and prop. in the Fairview and Franklin areas !!! And I here they also have some real good schools in that neck of the woods for my youngsters.!?

Edited by axulsuv

Sorry to go off topic a bit ,but how big is the trials comunity over there?

we in the southwest of the uk have some really good areas to ride (exmoor and dartmoor)and plenty of clubs/riders.

it seems you have the open space but riders are spread out,dont know which is best.

must be nice to put in big offroad loops,lots of lads in the uk dont even register there bikes for road use,

as 99% of trials are small multi lap events.

Dixie, I would think we are substantially smaller community then you guys, and we are spread out over a tremendously larger area.

I have never ridden a road trials in the US, although I did many times in Germany, our loops have nothing on them (except maybe a TTC loop in 02 :blush: ) It was a great shock to me when I got to Germany and found I had to road register my bike to compete in the events, but going through Motorcycle driving school on a TY 350 was definetely an interesting experience :( It was one of those interesting times in a Young person's life when you run across the old staid teacher who is teaching motorcycle safety (and did not know what a trials bike was) and she said, well, if you think you are a good rider, try doing this "tight" slalom course..... :D

If you want to ride more, what you have is definetely best. Trials is great because of the area's that you can operate in and still have a great time. Not sure that your "normal" (what is normal after all) are that much different then ours, just attendance and volume strike me as the biggest difference and the amount we travel to get too one.

I do not know if you guys use the same Acres that we do, but we have held a trial at our place on about 40 acres for several years, I believe there was a national last year on about 40, but at the same time I believe that TTC is somewhere around 650 + (and I swear Dan runs us across every one of them on occasion!)