Reduce Exhaust Noise 4rt

rapid roy

Here in germany they remove the restrictor in the front and middlebox and weld a 1mm stainless steel mesh in the rear restricter with very good (noise) results for the std system.

And yes the WES is quieter and note such a sharp note.WES did do two versions; a smooth with low noise and a straight which was louder. The straight failed a noise test here in germany and he now only makes the smooth version. There are dyno test results on the to do trial side for the smooth version which show it makes more power and gives a 1000rpm wider power range.

Lee

Here in germany they remove the restrictor in the front and middlebox and weld a 1mm stainless steel mesh in the rear restricter with very good (noise) results for the std system.

And yes the WES is quieter and note such a sharp note.WES did do two versions; a smooth with low noise and a straight which was louder. The straight failed a noise test here in germany and he now only makes the smooth version. There are dyno test results on the to do trial side for the smooth version which show it makes more power and gives a 1000rpm wider power range.

Lee

I WOULD LIKE TO TRY THE LOWER COST ANSWER weld a 1mm stainless steel mesh in the rear restricter

WOULD YOU HAVE DETAILS E.G: LENGTH ETC.

A PICTURE WOULD BE GREAT

Having heard the Mitani I'm not too impressed. The 07s at the recent test day had the extreme edge knocked off the noise but were not what you could call quiet (to the ear, I don't know what the meter says). Certainly not as quiet as a bike needs to be in this day and age.

Given Honda's environmental credentials the necessity for the racket from the 4RT is something of a mystery. Honda were able to produce quiet fourstroke triallers twenty years ago and, whilst silencing a single has its own problems, they have the technology to produce 190 mph bikes where the exhaust is, effectively, almost inaudible. Getting about 20 bhp from a trials bike that is adequately silenced should not therefore be a problem. Not that many folk are trying to ride up World round sections after all.

best thing I've found, is go to local hardware store, go to lawnmower section, pick up a $7 lawn mower muffler..fits right in!!!!.................not so easy to rev-out ...ok at bottom revs, if you don't like it, throw in garbage, its that cheap!!!..................................masso

I totally agree that in unrestricted form the Mont is too loud. Pressure should be put on the factory by importers as the bikes are not road legal when restrictors are removed. The Honda image should be worth more than a noisy exhaust.

I cannot understand how they cannot silence the bike with such a big lump stuck on the back end

mattylad

you miss the point the noise is restricted when you buy the bike..

no matter how quiet a bike is someone will allways take out the restrictors thinking they get more power,in most cases that is not even true.

honda seem to have addressed this with the new pipe,welded in restrictors,

bet someone still drills them out.