Youtube Sound

andy m

I have recently discovered the Youtube site and I find after a while trawling around I lose the sound. Is this the norm, are we only allowed a certain amount. The only way I seem to get it back is to log off the web and log back on. Also I heard that Youtube was recently sold for a large amount, but I cant understand how they make money. Thanks in advance. :thumbup:

Their business model is to gain revenue through advertising YouTube Fact Sheet . It seems a natural synergy for google (The new owners) as that’s the way they gain most of their revenue. Right now it's probably more about building a community... the long-term value is in the user base.

As for losing sound, there could be a few reasons for this. YouTube uses streamed Flash video and you may find you need the latest flash plugins Adobe Flash Plugins . Select the browser you use from the list and click on the relevant link

Also, try using a different browser. Most peeps use Internet Explorer but the likes of Andy, myself and a lot of other 'geek' types, use much better browser's which is either Firefox or in my case I use Firefox and Opera. Both are free :thumbup:

Get them Here.

Mozilla Firefox

Opera Browser

Good Luck

I can thorough recommend Mozilla / Firefox, which is open source and excellent (not used Internet Exploder for years)

Reasons for losing sound could be that you've run another application that uses sound (music player?) and has therefore got control of the sound device on the PC ? Stopping that application or restarting the browser may help