Beta Tr 34 - 125 Help?

boydw

I used to own a 1989 beta tr 34 125, when i was in the schoolboys. It was a bit of an old nail, but it did have one distinguishing feature, that it had a hydraulic clutch on it,

and when i sold it, it came with a complete oversize petrol tank and seat unit, as used bu the factory riders in the ssdt.

I sold it in 1996 to a bloke and either his youngest son or grandson in the cornwall / devon area, his older brother or uncle used to ride in the british championship expert class at that time, on either a gas gas or a beta. This may be some help??????????

I am wanting to try and track the bike down, and buy it back - i know its a bit of a wild shot, but has any one got any clues as to where it might be or who has got it. :lol:

Yes you are correct,

in 1992 i think betas were still using cable clutches, although Dave lampkin (cousin of Dougie) made steve colley a prototype hydraulic clutch, for his beta, then he went to gas gas and the clutch was taken back off his bike and i got hold of it for my beta tr 34 in about 1993.

I think the bloke who rode in the british championship, who was a relative was called steve? and i have not seen his name in the results for a couple of years in tmx

i know its not very helpful, but still worth a try.

the hydraulic clutch on gas gas was put on the 93 in no this because there are to people at my club that have 92's and they both have cable clutches and on the gas gas website there is a picture of the 92 with a cable clutch and a picture of a 93 with an hydraulic one and beta 125's did not have hydraulic clutches intill year 2000 onwards

Edited by beta boy

I dont want to argue about whether or not this bike had a hydrualic clutch on or not, I rode it, and it had one! OK

That is why it was a distinguishing feature, i got the bike in 1994, after the hydraulic clutches were introduced, and the clutch that went on was a copied gas gas clutch (after market type thing)

Please dont argue with me, however if you can tell me where this bike is i would be most grateful!!!!!

can you elaborate on how this change was done? machined off the cases and slave cylinder installed, or was it a cylinder that just pullled on the original lever out of the case?

just some brainstorming for another 'someday project'. kcj

I think it was machined of the cases and a slave cylinder installed, although if you contact dave lampkin on 01535 652328, he will be able to give you more technical information, it was nearly ten years ago, and i was only 14 at the time!!!

But if anyone knows where this bike is, please let me know

Cheers :huh:

Boyd, tha always remember the first loves of your life, but it's a sad fact when thi sees them again having ridden them many years afore, by the buggers do look rough, heavy!! and you just can't imagine riding the bugger in the first place.

Dry thi eyes lad, tha'll have one of them new sleek four-stroke baby's soon and the old tramp from years past will mean bugger all. :huh:

You could put an add in the singles colum, sleepless in Yorkshire, willing to pay for old ride :wacko: