Congratulations To Australia

cota kid

When do we start the Great Sporting Moments 2007 thread :D:)

I was on night shift last night and obviously my southern colleagues were watching the text on the BBC website and as seems apt for Trials Central, the comment "capitulating like a bunch of cheese eating surrender monkeys" was heard as the wickets fell..... :D

Edited by Slapshot 3

Not sure I agree with the way the press has hammered them.

I know we are up for a right royal hammering from the Aussies, but we'd do the same so we can't complain :D

Yep, they've been pretty dismal, but the way they have been slated could almost lead to them being stoned when they land back on English soil. The press should report the news without their slant on it - particularly the publicly fuunded BBC.

They're the best we've got to offer, even if they have become whipping boys. I reckon it's gonna get worse for some sports like cricket. When was the last time you saw a bunch of lads playing cricket (except maybe on the beach from time to time)?

It just doesn't seem to be played anywhere these days by young 'uns.

Some sports are becoming expensive.

Kids can't use their school facilities at nights and weekends these days.

Squash - I love the sport, but our local leisure centre is being rebuilt soon and they're not bothering to replace the squash courts as they're not financially viable.

Council are getting rid of the tennis courts in our local park (which you have to pay steeply for anyway).

I'm rambling - I'm frustrated :D

The cricket team got all the praise, deservedly, when the won the ashes in 2005, although some of the team receiving MBE's was a bit much. They now deserve all the criticism currently been heaped upon them. Having said that we are still ranked second in the World and Australia are a hugely talented team.

To counter act Australia rubbing the whitewash in any further Radio five live played the final 35 seconds of the 2003 Rugby World Cup in final. That commentary still makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

Edited by Cota Kid