Goverment Screw Again!

barrybaines

I saw this on the BMW GS Club forum and thought I would pass it on as this proposal could affect all motorists. It only take a minute to complete. >117,000 signatures to date. Petition closing date 20 Feb 2007.

If you care about our freedoms and stopping the constant bashing of the motorist, please sign the petition on No 10's new website

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/traveltax/

The government's proposal to introduce road pricing will mean you having to purchase a tracking device for your car and paying a monthly bill to use it.

The tracking device will cost about GBP200 and in a recent study by the BBC, the lowest monthly bill was GBP28 for a rural florist and GBP194 for a delivery driver.

A non working Mum who used the car to take the kids to school paid GBP86 in one month.

On top of this massive increase in tax, you will be tracked. Somebody will know where you are at all times. They will also know how fast you have been going, so even if you accidentally creep over a speed limit you can expect a NIP with your monthly bill.

Please pass this on to anyone who owns a car/motorcycle. It affects them all.

Won't even happen.

It's just labour keeping these green watch the hole in the sky brigade off there back's.

They probaly won't even be in power when they suggest it should be enforced.

it would cripple the public's pocket from paying more for good's to make up for a company's lose of the price it would cost them to move good's around the country.

It would more than lightly bring the market's down.

But just incase it does everything gets sold and im out of here.

Edited by bilco

I'd never say 'never' when it comes to big brothers increasing appetite.

Those who adamantly believe they know better how to run everyones lives get into power....

we are on the same scary path over here, just further behind you.

kcj

Andy Posted Today, 02:41 PM

QUOTE(barrybaines @ Jan 8 2007, 12:56 PM)

A non working Mum who used the car to take the kids to school paid GBP86 in one month.

Should pay a damned sight more than that, IMO. In my day, we walked.

In my best aged old man voice,

"When I was a boy I walked to school barefoot, knee deep in snow, uphill both ways. And I liked it that way built character."

On a more serious note:

I agree that the tracking device is a bad Idea. I don't even like the Onstar service or GPS systems in cars because the potential is there to track me and have all the info about my driving and whereabouts. Call me paranoid if you wish.

In my day we walked too, the scary thing is that was only 8-9 years ago :)

Edited by barrybaines

In my day we walked too, the scary thing is that was only 8-9 years ago :)

8 or 9....huh :) 23 years since i left.... :) make the little hooligans walk, have the same arguement with my pain in the neck daughter every day