Everything The Same But Why?

Having looked through the results, the series is hardly over-subscribed this year ?

If it hadn't been for the GB/Eire 'wild cards' it would almost have been a trial with 20 or so riders, across WTC and Juniors/Under 21.

The series seemed better supported last year and those previous to that, there's few names missing who scored points regularly: Justribo, Colomer, Alacaraz, Cobos . But no in-rush of riders to replace them.

Same in the Juniors, Morris, Blazusiak and Bethune all move up, and Gary Mac gets un-qualified to ride, but no big rush of riders in behind them to fill the empty places.

Wonder whats up ? Is it too big a leap from National Champs to WTC ?

I appreciate the it costs to support the entire series, especially the 'fly away' rounds, but the European rounds should really be better supported than this.

I don't have any answers, but its almost deja vu of any of the last 3 seasons.

It was turned into an series for the totally elite performers, and now only the totally elite can do it, and participation will get less unless a big change to make it more rider compatible is made.

It doesn't need Champ, youth, women, and junior classes, just an A line and B line open to any rider, if road work is used then they have to meet Traffic regulations for that event.

Yes you would get pot hunters and ex A line riders going for the B line pot, but that just adds to the competition, the good kids would ride with old past masters and hopefully move to the A line when ready, all in their own good time without all the rules that effect riders like Gary.

Didn't mean to upset you in anyway Gary. But people are starting to tell me if i want to do the SSDT when i'm 17 i've got to do it on 125 which some how i dont see. Just dont see these resons in stupid rule get on my nerves big time.

Gavin

I think r2w said quote "give them a little power and look what happens"

Guest Scottie

James Dabill was supposed to do the Under 21 aswell but there was no chance of him downgrading to a 125cc. Never mind. I'll concentrate on trials nearer to home.

Cheers

Gaz

James Dabill was supposed to do the Under 21 aswell but there was no chance of him downgrading to a 125cc.  Never mind. I'll concentrate on trials nearer to home.

Cheers

Gaz

Small consolation Gary, but we were rooting for you - I was texting regular updates back to Highland Lassie! Well done on the (unrewarded) 3rd place on Sunday.

I felt a bit sorry for Sam Connor on section 7 got to the top on a 1 and the friggen bike wouldnt rev out for the last couple of steps. If the trial is there again dougie really need to make sure of that big step cost him the win on the first day for the second year running. He was amazing on sec 13 only rider to get through it on day 1 :huh:

Well done Dougie, hope u've shut up all the snipers who thought you were finished, just shows in the championship that really matters he's still the main man. The other brits seemed to do ok, especially Shaun Morris. Although in my opinion Sam Connor is well overrated and seems to be going backwards. It looked like a couple of years ago he was going to be consistently in the top 10 but cant see it happening anymore.