Timing

scoobie

When I first had starting problems no-fuel was getting to the float chamber and the culprit was the stuck needle. Sorted that out then realised it was dropping too much on occassion and hitting the float arm mechanism at a slight angle and jamming so it wouldn't close - sorted that out by slightly bending the rear contact on the float arm so it wouldn't open so much, but enough to let enough fuel in.

Every time I remove the carb and check fuel is getting through to the float chamber and when I check the plug it's 'wet''.

Cheers,

Something must be going wrong between the needle and the float,thing's don't like to be bent inside them unless it's the right way.

can you get's a couple of pic's up on a couple of view's of inside the carb.

Here are two pictures of the carb without floatbowl, both ways-up. Sorry for the quality, but the camera just wanted to focus on the background.

IMG_0763.jpg

IMG_0766.jpg

As I said, I'm getting a spark, the plug is wet, there are no air leaks, with the carb off I can blow down the fuel pipe, but with the carb inverted the float needle is seating and I can't suck any air through.

It's just that strange noise the bike makes when I'm kicking it over that's bothering me.

Cheers,