Frame Colour

bultacoboy

From memory, I think the colour is actually Ford Electric Monza blue. It's a very good match to the original Bultaco blue. As per above post the frame, tank, sidepanels, swingarm, mudguards are all blue, engine and fork legs are black. Sounds like yours has been fitted with the earlier airbox which was a period mod (don't know why) as the 198a should have the smaller sidepanels. Bigger ones were fitted up to 1977.

• 2 weeks later...

It was a bit of a mod back in those days to change the 78 on airbox from one from a 75-76 which has a fixed side to the right - and a large chrome screw to remove the left hand side.

The idea was to be able to quickly remove the filter should it get doused etc - and also the actual airbox has a greater capacity. You may find that in some cases when somone fits the later box they may have lopped off the original ( rather flimsy) brackets that were used to hold the 78 on panels - unless you are willing to make/weld/braze some new brackets you will not be able to revert to the original airbox/sidepanel set up - something you certainly need to consider before you powder coat the frame. If you do stick to the large 75/76 box - throw the gauze/filter in the bin - and use a filter with hose combined set up which are available from Sammy Miller and probably Dave Rehnham or even myself

• 4 months later...

Hi noticed that you have a 198a I have just bought one and need some advice have you still got yours where are you upto.

Do you have a manual or pictures specifications.

My frame is blue but tank is red, my engine is silver but the top end is black?

Thanks

• 6 years later...

Hi guys I know this is an old post but I have just took my 198A frame to be painted. ive gone for 5015 RAL I haad a 199A done some time ago in the same just wanted some feed back should I go for ford eletrice monza blue? Dose any off you know thr RAL number? Cheers bondy