What Is Trials

jack_h

Old trials fanatic Posted Yesterday, 04:25 PM

Generaly agree with you on most points Zippy

I gotta write that on the calender somebody agreed with me!! :thumbup:

Your comments on riding out of the boundary of the section then riding back in again would result in a five over here and as i dont know the rules that you ride to in the US i can not comment but will say the problem would be solved by use of a boundary tape. However with more and more multiple routes, because of the wide differential in riding levels i.e. hop skip and jump or not, then this becomes impractical.

I should have been more specific in my original post. Sorry. OK in the club that I ride in we have six separate classes/lines within the same section. Which makes section marking difficult to say the least. So the outside boundaries are marked off with tape and inside is a mess of signs. I will try to use my earlier example. Technically the rider has not left the section and returned but has turned to the right between the trees and then made a wide left to line up straight for the log and then go back through the trees and go over the log. Without crossing their path. Although the intended or correct path would have been the 90 degree left and then over the log. This will probably start some discussion in itself.

As for what REALLY riles me? If a trial is run under No Stop rules then that should be rigidly enforced. It really riles me when riders ignore the No Stop rule and argue with observers becoming quite aggressive on some occaisions, i have seen full blown shouting matches and even physical aggression, That is not on.

Agreed that the rules is the rules, and that everyone should be made aware of the rules before competing. Arguing with the observer will get you no where. And a shouting match and physical aggression should be punishable with removal from the event. If a rider is that unhappy about their score they need to see the clerk of the course and then accept the clerks judgement. Which should be in favor of the observer.

I like the hop and bop stuff like Barry mentioned, I too would like to be able to ride like that but also can see how some one just getting started would be discouraged by it.

And I mentioned OldTrialsFanatic because I knew he would respond and very eloquently.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic