Fantic Section

gaver19

a couple of questions if anyone can help are they 40ml?, how much oil and weight in each leg?.On a different note the engine has a slight noise from the top end, not a rattle as such more of a drrrrr hard to explain in words. I was thinking small end bearing, how would you tell from bearing to say piston slap worn rings. Runs well seems to have good compression. How often should you repalce piston rings,or do a top end rebuild. I was reading an internet site that recommended that every 20hrs you should strip and check piston condition for wear /damage.

hi again gaver,

the legs are 38mm seals are 7mm high. start at 190cc oil and add up to max 220. I use 10w and weigh 80kg.the wirring noise is the powervalve mechs...i like it! If you are ride the worlds, you need a new piston twice a season and a replate every 2 years. If it runs leave it. My 303s rattle like f(&k but they still pull like a train. New piston and rings about 130 quid, new plating about a tenner more, auch!

lee

Edited by Lee Harris