Jumps Are Easy!

zippy

I have come to a conclusion......... with my limited time on a MX bike (one time out) and watching many YouTube videos also lots of shows about "amazing things caught on tape".

Jumping and tricks are easy (relatively) but that landing has got to be the hardest thing to pull off. :banana2:

oops this was suppose to be in "anything goes" sorry

Thanks Andy

Edited by ZIPPY
It is now :)

After thinking back through a few injuries sustained on various two wheeled vehicles (mainly MTB and BMX) I'd tend too agree with you :banana2: 99% of the time you will know if you are gonna land something from the onset of stunt trying unfortuanatley one of my worst cases of this was a nice road gap (about 20 foot in length and a 8 foot drop) front wheel went slightly off track on take off and that was it! Barry-bike-tree this was one of those moments when you ask if those super grippy expensive pedals were worth it? 21 stitches in the back of my leg but some pretty cool arrow shaped scars :rotfl:

Well that came from nowere! random life story over

But on conclusion I agree :blink:

Only arrow shaped scars, barry????

I have a NIKE tick :rotfl: ........... Beat that..

As for the pedals, have you ever ridden clipped in?? I have and when that goes wrong its VERY funny to watch :blink:

Only on road! but still buggered that up! manualing down the road then lost balance point over the back but was clipped in so couldn't put my feet down and landed on the bottom of my back :banana2: couldn't sit down for days or walk properly for weeks!

I was just sittin' here thinking earlier that it is pretty easy (once the fear is put aside) from a skill point of view to just pin the throttle and fly off the jump into the wild blue yonder. The really skillful part is landing without mangling yourself.

barrybaines Posted Today, 04:40 PM

Barry-bike-tree this was one of those moments when you ask if those super grippy expensive pedals were worth it? 21 stitches in the back of my leg

We have a gentleman who is an excellent rider that sharpens his foot pegs to a point. This of course keeps his boots on the pegs REAL well. Unfortunately at a section that I was observing he went up a fairly steep hill with a log at the top that was hanging over the edge, nicely undercut. His foot came off the peg and the peg scraped upwards on his shin. The part where his boot was did not have any damage but he got a really nasty cut or two between the boot and his knee, I may be wrong but I believe it required stitches. He is a tough one though didn't say a word at the time and finished the event. My hat's off to him.

but of course those super grippy pedals and the sharp pegs are worth it, you just gotta remember how many times it kept your foot on so there was no dab and a lower score!! :banana2:

Edited by ZIPPY