Sherco Fork Bleed

stump magnet

HERE have the motion pro bleeders which may work, not too sure though. (theyre in the accessories bit about 10 pages in) If not why not just slowly undo the caps??

You did pretty damm good on sunday, even with these unbled forks :icon_salut:

Edited by Essex Rider

I could be dense (well more likely than not) but this kinda confuses me about built up air in the forks.

If the fork tube is a sealed system than theoretically the amount of oil and air within the chamber(s) should not change.

All I can think of is that air bubbles may become trapped in the oil through vigorous use, and would need to allow to rise up out of the oil.

or possibly the warmer the tubes the more the air pressure inside the tube, but I would think that it would take a rather large temperature change to cause significant amount of pressure.

Are the fork seals not perfectly sealed and that is where the air enters?

Just having trouble grasping this.

The air will obviously expand somewhat as the forks warm up. I always compressed mine and let air out to allow the front to settle before a tight turn section to decrease the rake. Of course your O-rings need to be good and not leak as well for them to hold the pre set air! Minor differences can sometimes make a change! Or is that the other way around? :icon_salut: