Ford Transit Connect Swb

frontroomautos

Hello all, my appologies for dwelling on the quite boring subject of bike transport but on my last post i was looking at a Citroen Berlingo van. Well this purchase didnt happen for reasons too boring to mention. Anyway i am looking for a smallish van, something that isnt too huge to use for everyday transport as i dont require a van for any other reason. The thing is i dont want somthing so small that it is the equivalent of that Laurel and Hardy sketch where Olly tries to fit his eloped wife into an Austin 7 (i think). Therefore i noticed that the swb ford transit connect has 60mm more load length than the berlingo although oddly (according to spec sheet) it has less load width by 110mm. I would just like to hear from anyone who knows if this vehicle is adequate for transporting 1 trial bike although as i said in my last post i do realise that i dont expect to fit one in while standing and swinging a cat. Anyway i promise not to post anymore boring van questions and get on with the task of settling on a model and buying one as soon as i get some feedback on this one, Cheers all.

Hello all, my appologies for dwelling on the quite boring subject of bike transport but on my last post i was looking at a Citroen Berlingo van. Well this purchase didnt happen for reasons too boring to mention. Anyway i am looking for a smallish van, something that isnt too huge to use for everyday transport as i dont require a van for any other reason. The thing is i dont want somthing so small that it is the equivalent of that Laurel and Hardy sketch where Olly tries to fit his eloped wife into an Austin 7 (i think). Therefore i noticed that the swb ford transit connect has 60mm more load length than the berlingo although oddly (according to spec sheet) it has less load width by 110mm. I would just like to hear from anyone who knows if this vehicle is adequate for transporting 1 trial bike although as i said in my last post i do realise that i dont expect to fit one in while standing and swinging a cat. Anyway i promise not to post anymore boring van questions and get on with the task of settling on a model and buying one as soon as i get some feedback on this one, Cheers all.

Yes you will fot one bike easily into a SWB connect.

Cheers

If you want a smallish van I'd look at Fiat Scudos (or Citroen dispatch and peugeot expert are the same basically).

They're cheap, about the size of an espace but you'll easily get 2 trials bikes in the back and also sit in there to get changed. I looked at the transit connect but didn't think it was big enough to be worthwhile.

I've got one, i use it as my daily transport and for taking the bike at the weekend. I have a metal bulkhead fitted and it will take one bike in the diagonal position, i tried two but it was no joy. You might get two in if it wasn't for the bulkhead. I tried a few vans out before settling on the connect, in my opinion its the best option in terms of cash. Try and get the TDCI tho, a bit more oomph!!

Take a look at the new shape VW caddy,go for the TDI you can burn with the Golf's and get eyed up by the surfer babe's aswell.

drive's and feel's just like a car.

Done 100,000 mile's with mine and no problem's what so ever.

I've had the other van's before and you can expect to change part's on them at around 60'000 mile's.

Hi mil.

my fantic goes in on the slant corner to corner very easily, turn the handlebars so the handlebar end rest on the bulkhead,i normaly tie some rope from the handlebar to the bulkhead to secure the bike.You have plenty of room for your gear to.

The engine's are 1.9's.

there's the SDI which is abit slow off the mark and up hill's but once there wound up there pretty quick.

Or you have the TDI very quick which is the one you want if you have the extra money to spend.

Go and see if you can get a test drive in one from your local dealer,your love it.

I know what you mean about the tranny,i dont know what ford are playing to be honest they could come out with something abit more stylish than that if they tried.