Media Centre

bikespace

Now I know a trials web site isn't perhaps the first place you'll think of when you want to build a PC, but we do tend to get a good spread of technical levels on here, so as I live here, I thought I'd ask you lot.

I've built PC's for years, up until the point where it sort of became easier and sometimes cheaper to buy the thing as a job lot, but what I want to build at the moment is something to record sky TV.

I bought a digi box a while ago with built in hard drive recorder

What I'm thinking of is something like a liquid cooled shuttle, with a TV card, and an infra red transmitter to automatically change the sky box channel, so I just take the RF out from the sky box and feed it to TV. Looking around and thinking of maybe Linux Red Hat with MythTV

But also thinking that I may be safer sticking with Windows Media and looking around for something to control the sky.

OR....is there a sky receiver for PC's out there at reasonable price? I'm doubtful.

OR....is there some way I can link in with SCART

There's a mass of info out there, the trouble is finding the realistic bits with any idea of prices, the ones where you don't have to spend 4 hours a day setting it up - I want it to be plain sailing once it's set up, or the family just won't use it.

Any info out there?