Glucosamine?

sam

It will be interesting to watch China as in the not so distant past they ate a diet of mainly organic foods.There was very little if any sugar in there diet and no fast food restaurants(Mcdonalds,pizza hut and KFC there is now)It was hard to find a place that sold coffee not to difficult now.Diabetes was virtually unheard of i see it creeping in now.With the onset of the car i see people getting fat and wonder when heart disease will start increasing.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm beginning to question the medical profession as no two so called experts can give us the same information. We get loads of diet advice but most of it is conflicting, it seems as scientific as religion and star signs to me.

The whole of society is a contradiction these days, no two pepole have the same opinion, no two universities will tell you they found the same results in their research because the'll lose their individual research grants and have to get a proper job instead. The food industry will tell you one thing is bad in the hope you'll buy their products instead, everyone has an angle and they'll look for their minute of fame if they have a net gain.

It's not just the medical profession it's everywhere, take mine, the constant argument about global warming is it real is it hype, why are programms that go the "whole way" explain the potential full net effect of global warming are decried because the whole media is hyping the warming effects. It's pure hype nothing else. Piccy below is the latest impacts advice from the IPCC (International Panel on Climate Change), this release is pure hypothesis but already the media are jumping on it.... :)

The coffee stuff, well I enjoy a cup or two but not addicted, though if you add some vanilla syrup everytime I could think about it.... ;)

As far as the advice Billy has been giving on here, I've started (subconciously) doing some of what he said, ask me in a few weeks I'll tell you how i feel.

Edited by Slapshot 3

I`ve just watched a programme aired on Channel 4 about the bunkum about global warming.

The main parts were :- 1. Co2 levels were not the cause of global warming, they are a product of it.

2.humans do cause CO2, but its only 5% of the total output of the worlds CO2, the others being volcanoes,water vapour etc. amongst others

3. The earth goes through cycles of warm and cold but it doesnt drastically melt the polar icecaps nor does it boil the seas.

4. The media needs to get more dramatic stories from the main story over a period of time, what I mean is , if a reporter gives us this story about global warming, and shows us what it`ll be like in 50yrs if we dont cut our Co2 , he cant keep giving the same story, so he looks around for something more dramatic to give on the back of his first story.

5.The only people giving us these warnings are "The Media" and certain govt departments, Most scientists know the truth, and that is, that the earth is getting warmer, it has for the past 40 yrs but its all natural. 300 yrs ago the Uk had a thriving grape growing indusry because of the warm period. Then it went through a cold period...cold enough for the Thames to freeze over with ice thick enough to have Fairs and stalls on it.

Cut our CO" emmisions ........not because of global warming ......there must be another reason they want us to do it. Is it because it will gradually wean us off fossil fuel because its going to run out a lot sooner than originally thought ...say 12 yrs from now , I wonder

I`ve just watched a programme aired on Channel 4 about the bunkum about global warming.

The main parts were :- 1. Co2 levels were not the cause of global warming, they are a product of it.

2.humans do cause CO2, but its only 5% of the total output of the worlds CO2, the others being volcanoes,water vapour etc. amongst others

3. The earth goes through cycles of warm and cold but it doesnt drastically melt the polar icecaps nor does it boil the seas.

4. The media needs to get more dramatic stories from the main story over a period of time, what I mean is , if a reporter gives us this story about global warming, and shows us what it`ll be like in 50yrs if we dont cut our Co2 , he cant keep giving the same story, so he looks around for something more dramatic to give on the back of his first story.

5.The only people giving us these warnings are "The Media" and certain govt departments, Most scientists know the truth, and that is, that the earth is getting warmer, it has for the past 40 yrs but its all natural. 300 yrs ago the Uk had a thriving grape growing indusry because of the warm period. Then it went through a cold period...cold enough for the Thames to freeze over with ice thick enough to have Fairs and stalls on it.

Cut our CO" emmisions ........not because of global warming ......there must be another reason they want us to do it. Is it because it will gradually wean us off fossil fuel because its going to run out a lot sooner than originally thought ...say 12 yrs from now , I wonder

....and the end point of this cataclysmic warming...the next ICE AGE....go figure..