Forest Trophy Trial

Hi Tone,pitley,gasserboy...(met you ages ago gasserboy, but you may not remember)..

Anyway...what fantastic news. I've missed this trial the last couple of years, and cant WAIT to do it.

I THINK Tony its the last bankholiday in May...(25th?26th)...you must come up TOne...bring Mal too...and bo*** if he can make it.

If Llanfylin do another trial the day AFTER the big one..(think they usually do), I'm gonna camp there if its possible. You're very welcome to stay here too TOne.

What good news...thats made my day that! :)

i know i have met you once stu but cant rember where lol, i see that you were there on sat nite. was a good trial! The plan for the forest trophy is to have a charity trial on the sat in trefonen about 25 miles from the forest trophy. Then the forest trophy on the sunday and a trial on the monday. Camping should be ok up there. Regs should be in the tmx soon and on www.trialspace.co.uk its a pre enter trial this year as it got a bit hetic up there last year! lol

I'm going to miss it this year, sister getting married. I need a hitman in the Whitby area - any takers? She'll find someone else :)

And sorry Stu, I only read your email yesterday, but needed to find details, then saw this thread.

Edited by bikespace

Hi Stuey

I think I have talked Mal into it but I need more info, Not sure if he will do the camping thing probably more like a <mention of this company is not permitted on Trials Central> (at his age he likes his home comforts especially as he will probably look to do the over 50's??) Do you know if there are any in the area, alternitively I might talk him in to hireing a van, is it proper camp site or is it just a farmers field shared with the Cows and what ever else wild life they have in deepest wales.

T'

There's no proper camping, it's roughing it for a night :o Not normally too bad at that time of year. It would be great if we had a field up there, but unfortunately it's all at the side of the forest tracks. Maybe we'll manage to make one some day, but maybe at the moment it would be better not to plough a load of trees down :wall: We only just got the land back.

There are Bed and Breakfasts nearby, the best one, as it's VERY motorcycle friendly is the Cann Office Hotel about 7 miles away from the Forest. Nothing plush, but very welcoming, good beer and cheap but clean accommodation.

Cann Office

You may have to ask around a bit to get someone who can actually book a room for you, but they'll get there :(

And watch out for the local with 6 fingers who asked me to marry him (in the toilets at midnight). Him and his cross eyed mate with the toilet roll dragging behind him. Very romantic, but not my scene (on that occasion).

I'm not painting a pretty picture am I, but seriously the place is spot on, beer garden as well, and if you fancy camping there they have camping facilities too.

Edited by bikespace

And watch out for the local with 6 fingers who asked me to marry him (in the toilets at midnight). Him and his cross eyed mate with the toilet roll dragging behind him. Very romantic, but not my scene (on that occasion).

I'm not painting a pretty picture am I, but seriously the place is spot on, beer garden as well, and if you fancy camping there they have camping facilities too.

Sounds like they had plenty of 'camping' going on in the toilets matey :o

Anyway, I'm coming out of retirement to ride the trial (its that good !) just waiting for the regs to arrive :wall:

Spud is making the trip up to ride as well and see if he can take that