Beta - Exhaust Packing

tone

to repack my old montesa cota (1978) do I have to cut the chamber open?

since it doesn't have a fancy unscrew able end plate. It is simply a welded up metal can.

Would it then be worth bolting the hole shut so in future I can repack it without needing a welding torch?

to repack my old montesa cota (1978) do I have to cut the chamber open?

since it doesn't have a fancy unscrew able end plate. It is simply a welded up metal can.

Would it then be worth bolting the hole shut so in future I can repack it without needing a welding torch?

Could be worth asking this in the Montesa forum rather than the Beta one?

Just got an 03 Rev 3 last winter. The exhaust seems snappy and obnoxious, so I repacked with house insulation.

No real improvement. Almost failed the sound check at the off highway vehicle riding park. And given how obnoxious some of the enduro/MX biles are, not good company to be in.

Bought the preformed one from Beta, cleaned all the holes and perforations and try again.

Some improvement, but barely noticeable. Still snappy and sharp.

I think this has aluminum muffler section, so I don't want to use the acetylene and pure oxygen method that works very well with steel pipes. Have not tried the solvent, or brake fluid, or fuzzy cable and drill methods yet.

Bike has always run 80:1 with synthetic oil, but apparently there is buildup somewhere.

Any other ideas? Are Betas just normally loud?