Mr Jarvis

dabber

I'd suggest that he'd easily take top tens with the possibility of pulling a lower placing from time to time, 7th, 8th thereabouts, however lets be honest he wouldn't pull top 5 places anymore.

Factor in that Graham chose to step out and look at other things, respect for that, he chose his path.

Was it not because the sherco factory couldnt afford 2 top line riders for the wtc so they took cabestany instead as he was going to get the better results??

Could have been but didn't they the offer him money to race these extreme enduros etc?? maybe a combination of factors

6th is my guess - the top five are fairly well matched and are well ahead of the rest. Bou and Lampkin have the best mental strength, but Bou seems to have moved the game on technique wise. Cabestany seems to have the talent, but is inconsistent, Raga certainly has the talent, but is too temperamental - didnt dominate last year. Fuji? world's best runner up.

In the last WTC round Jarvis competed in, Hawkstone 1996, he finished 10th behind Dabill who as 9th. I think given the more recent experience gained by Morris and Dabill at WTC level they would finish higher than Graham. However it is a shame that Jarvis is not still competing at this level as I still think he is a top 10 rider.

Hawstone Park result was a blip on the score card. Still beating Dabill and Morris is what counts not these silly speculations about one trial, which for a fact he didn't compete a full season, and he doesn't want to does he!!! Hawstone Park result give it a rest or the hairy fairy toilet speculators will be out in force.

Jarvis would be top 5 in the World if he wanted it.

Edited by spud

Jarvis, was a great rider in his time but hasn't competed regularly at the top level for too long and your statement about him finishing top 5, if he wanted to, is absolute nonsense.

He has only finished in the top five on two occasions 2001 when he was 4th and 2003 5th and that was when he was regularly competing. However without his terrible injury at Hawkstone in 2000 I'm sure he would have achieved more top five places.

Can you elborate on why Jarvis would finish in the top 5 and what do you mean by 'if he wanted to.'

Now who is taking Silly Speculations?

Edited by Cota Kid

Question CT:

Name the rider/s from the list below for which the following applies: The rider/s has won and finished on the podium on many occassions. The rider has not won and finished outside the top 5. The rider competes and is competitive based on current result (up todate)

a) fuji b)raga, c)cabs, d)doug, e)jarvis, f)frexia, g)bou, h)tarres, i) saunders.

....and don't talk toilet by asking another silly speculation question because you don't understand.

Edited by spud

Can you elborate on why Jarvis would finish in the top 5 and what do you mean by 'if he wanted to.'

He looks tired, is gradually losing fitness and had a few health complaints recently. He seems to be enjoying a fresh challange but, given the right tools (and if it was what he desired) to get him back to his healthiest he'd still be up their.

Getting past 30 takes its toll on most sports people due to degeneration, except obviously, marathons and ultra marathons were it takes time to adapt/degenerate the body in order compete at the top level.

For most sports its a battle against fatigue and postural misalignment making it a greater challange. (dougie included) Riding trials causes a great deal of upper crossed syndrome and moves the body further from its optimal alignment...

So why is Troy Corser still riding WSB at 36? George Foreman won a world heavyweight title at the age of 45. Michael Schumaker was racing at 38 - there are more people i can think of but most importantly Jarvis is younger.

Upper Crossed Syndrome: This syndrome produces elevation and protraction of the shoulders, winging of the scapula, and protraction of the head - so does this mean your head will fall when you ride over a very large rock? :o .....this toilet talk is getting to CT league.

Edited by spud

i think the main reason why jarvis doesn`t compete in world level is because he doesn`t have the sponsorship to be able to do it! it is a very pricey thing to do and has alot of travelling and also he could be in the top at world level definitely if he was practising all day every day and training really really hard like the top riders do but he is probably more happy defending his title as british champion and its probably his own choice not to compete at world level. whatever the matter the guy is an awesome rider and i have huge respect for him.

Spud,

you make this sweeping statement about Jarvis could finish in the World top 5, qualified by 'if he wanted to' and fail to provide a reasonable argument why this is the case. Quoting other sportsman and other sports is irrelevant.

I think your statement about Jarvis in the top five is based upon emotion, like you he is from Kent and also the fact that it is never going to happen. Jarvis 2006 FIM World Ranking is 22.

You will not provide a decent case to why Jarvis is capable of a top five finish and will no doubt continue to evade the question.

However it is a poorer WTC without Jarvis, his contiuning to complete the trial on the first day at Hawkstone in 2000 with knee ligamant damage is the bravest most determined action I have ever witnessed in sport. I do not in anyway wish to knock Jarvis as he was and still is a formidable rider but he is not a top five WTC rider.

Edited by Cota Kid

He looks tired, is gradually losing fitness and had a few health complaints recently. He seems to be enjoying a fresh challange but, given the right tools (and if it was what he desired) to get him back to his healthiest he'd still be up their.

Getting past 30 takes its toll on most sports people due to degeneration, except obviously, marathons and ultra marathons were it takes time to adapt/degenerate the body in order compete at the top level.

For most sports its a battle against fatigue and postural misalignment making it a greater challange. (dougie included) Riding trials causes a great deal of upper crossed syndrome and moves the body further from its optimal alignment...

So why is Troy Corser still riding WSB at 36? George Foreman won a world heavyweight title at the age of 45. Michael Schumaker was racing at 38 - there are more people i can think of but most importantly Jarvis is younger.

Upper Crossed Syndrome: This syndrome produces elevation and protraction of the shoulders, winging of the scapula, and protraction of the head - so does this mean your head will fall when you ride over a very large rock? :o .....this toilet talk is getting to CT league.

Troy Corser was riding moto GP but was to old and bumped back to WSB with all the rest of them.

Not to sure about the creaming reference but there you go.

Jarvis really was in a bad way at hawkstone and like Ck I think he is probably past his best, and these if only arguments are pretty pointless and a fair way from hypothetical.............

However, as a great admirer and sherco lover, the most disappointing thing about the Hawkstone injury was that he could have really done something that year, think he was leading the event at thetime.

beat Dougie, maybe not but a decent runner up surely.

If only....(!)