Wikipedia Ssdt

atomant

I was wondering whether someone with some serious SSDT knowledge should write a Wiki for the SSDT. It would be great reading I am sure.

Also, I have been going on about the SSDT at work to customers/suppliers I have been seeing this week and none of them knew what it was :)

I also think its an ideal event for the BBC to cover and televise and as they are struggling for sports media they can afford, the SSDT would be relatively cheap :D ...... as long as the contract doesn't include paying HL's bar bill for the week :(

:thumbup:

I was wondering whether someone with some serious SSDT knowledge should write a Wiki for the SSDT. It would be great reading I am sure.

Also, I have been going on about the SSDT at work to customers/suppliers I have been seeing this week and none of them knew what it was :(

I also think its an ideal event for the BBC to cover and televise and as they are struggling for sports media they can afford, the SSDT would be relatively cheap :D ...... as long as the contract doesn't include paying HL's bar bill for the week :thumbup:

John Moffat's your man for the Wiki - nobody can compare with the amount of knowledge he manages to stack up. I've no idea how he manages it - he's done a sterling job on Nevis Radio this week, and has provided us with a fair bit of entertainment throughout!

Atom - come up here and see the SSDT for yourself - you'll soon understand why the BBC don't televise it! There's very few sections they'd be able to lug their equipment to without going to the excesses of helicopters and suchlike, and as JD pointed out on the radio this morning, it's a relatively small market which wouldn't justify the costs involved in covering it. :)

Also, I have been going on about the SSDT at work to customers/suppliers I have been seeing this week and none of them knew what it was :(

I also think its an ideal event for the BBC to cover and televise and as they are struggling for sports media they can afford, the SSDT would be relatively cheap :D ...... as long as the contract doesn't include paying HL's bar bill for the week :thumbup:

John Moffat's your man for the Wiki - nobody can compare with the amount of knowledge he manages to stack up. I've no idea how he manages it - he's done a sterling job on Nevis Radio this week, and has provided us with a fair bit of entertainment throughout!

Atom - come up here and see the SSDT for yourself - you'll soon understand why the BBC don't televise it! There's very few sections they'd be able to lug their equipment to without going to the excesses of helicopters and suchlike, and as JD pointed out on the radio this morning, it's a relatively small market which wouldn't justify the costs involved in covering it. :)

I am definitely going next year. I still think that the BBC could cover some of it. Have you seen their remote equipment they use ? Its nothing like it was in the old days. Very portable ;)

When Dougie retires from WTC and does the SSDT then maybe they might get interested ?

I must admit Nevis Radio was compulsive listening last week. Highly entertaining and having someone with John's knowledge not only of the event, but also knowing virtually everybody in the paddock helped greatly. The ongoing coverage of Malcolm Rathmell's toilet habits and which trap he was in had me in stitches :D

Big John even cornered me for an interview

John: "That's a very fancy camera you've got round your neck. Tell me, what does that do?"

Me: "Errr, it takes photos John"

:thumbup:

Really enjoyed my week at the SSDT last week made all the more interesting listening to Nevis radio and Big John on the breakfast show. It can only do the reputation of the trial and the people involved good having coverage like that with all the good humoured banter that was going on.

have to agree, John was compulsive listening last week, the Jamie Reid Interview was priceless, nice one john

have to agree - John has found his true vocation in life. And your right - the Jamie Reid interview will go down is history.

Nevis Radio recorded all the breakfast broadcasts during SSDT week. Even the one I did with you!

They're not online anywhere I can find. I'd be happy to host them as podcasts if you can get them. I missed some too and would love to hear all the coverage and interviews.