Renault Kangoo

thespikeyone

Hi

I have a Kangoo which I transport a Bultaco Sherpa around in. If you have a bulkhead fitted it will have to come out as the front wheel has to be pushed up so it is jammed between the seats to be able to close the back doors. Lifting it in can be done alone - just!

A tow ball can be fitted quite easily for a trailer.

I have the 1.9 diesel which has been very reliable and reasonably nippy. Will cruise at 60 - 70 on the motorway all day but is really an around town van. Standard radio is cr*p. Diesel starter heater plugs don't last long. Other than that, good small van. Get one with sliding side door for access. If you buy an old gas van it comes fitted out with handy racking for all your bits and very good alarm system.

Tim

I've been using a Kangoo for about a month now and am still working out how best to carry a bike. Interested to hear that Bultaco49 puts his bike in forwards as I'm open to any suggestions myself. However, I put my Gas Gas in backwards with the back wheel against the passeger door pillar and the front wheel on full right hand lock against the offside rear door. There's about an inch to spare which holds everything in place and I just strap the bars against the side. It would help if I had a side door as I have to lean in over the passenger seat to get the rear wheel in the right place against the passenger door pillar, but no bother really.

As far as the van is concerned mine is the 1.5DCi and I'm very pleased with it. It drives like a car, handles well, and is very economical. Gets thirstier with speed, but still returns 40mpg at 85-90 on the motorway. If you need something small, like I do at present, its a good bit of kit, IMO :D

Edited by MPM