Diy Tyre Replacement

easytigrrr

Hi, :D Gonna cut to the chase,)is there a easy way to change a rear tyer? spent about 1 hour with a few screwdrivers and a crowbar trying to get the old tyre off,then i had a brainwave(very rare for me) i made a tool to break the bead, had it off in about 3 mins, "the tyre" new one back on, just as quick.Advice please HOW DO I BLOW THE GODFORSAKEN THING BACK UP? tried with a compressor, just can't seem to get enough air in at once,should i remove the guts from the valve? or is there somthing i should know on the technical tip side.Many Thanks :beer:

Put a strap round the circumference of the tyre, round the middle knobbles of the tread pattern, and tension to expand the bead to the rim, blow it up with an air line to pop it on the rim.........Job done :beer:

Using a valve core extractor does allow you to put in more air quicker, I'd give it a go. It usually works just getting the compressor completely full and blasting air in as fast as possible. Is your rim clean and smooth, if not air might leak out where there is rust/grit.

Its well worth buying the YOU HAVE USED WORDS OR A PHRASE WHICH ARE NOT PERMITTED ON THIS WEBSITE. PLEASE DELETE YOUR POST/TOPIC. DO NOT TRY TO CIRCUMVENT THE FILTERS IN PLACE ON THIS WEBSITE trye beader if youre going to change tyres or turn them often. Taking the valve out helps no end and as said above make sure the compressor is on full tank and blow it straight in. The trye beader seals the gaps whilst the air is going in and pops itself out if you use some trye soap on the tyre wall. It also helps if you place the wheel and trye ontop of an old tyre the same size and lightly press down which seals the under side of the rim. Stick about 60lbs in the tyre and you should hear it pop twice so the bead is seated properly,deflate it,stick the valve core back in and blow it back up. Piece of p*** :beer:

Edited by Betarev3

Bicycle tube pushed in the gap between tyre and rim and tyre soap (blag a jam jar full from your local tyre fitters) blow it up and as the tyre inflates pull the bike tube out, if it gets stuck drop a bit of pressure and try again. The tube doesn

If you are puttig a new tyre on and the beads are all most touching put an inner tube in and blow up as far as you can. Leave in airing cuboard for a couple of days.

The wife wont like it but helps when trying to get it on the rim.

To get off the rim use a blunt spade, placenear the rim and stand on it.

Or buy a bead breaker, easy.

Edited by Ralph

A beader is the easy way, strapping works ok on old tyres but not as well on new, ditto innertubes, and you need the exact size tube, which if you have to buy is part cost of the beeder anyway. The right tools for any job make it easier surely?

for beadbraking get the bead breaker from gasgas uk ad on their site. its so easy to break the beads with no damage to tyre or rim its untrue. my 8 year old daughter can break a dunlop off really easy with it.