M I A

A shame yes but if it is true you can hardly blame them.

Just had a look at the scores on the FIM website

the guy who finished 10th only actually got out of 7 sections all day, he had 23 5's out of 30 sections !

Shaun and Taddy are normally around 8th - 12th and in their shoes I wouldnt drive to france to have 23 5's , perhaps the wtc will have to look at section severity.

Edited by Baldilocks

Being realistic, the sport isn't rich enough to fund the top 10 riders. Its a shame as I think Shaun is one of the best ambassadors the sport has, and he is great to watch. If we want him there, then we would have to find a way to financially support him to do it ( and any others that come along in the same position). I am not saying empty your pockets but it is something that will need looking at sooner or later.

Being realistic, the sport isn't rich enough to fund the top 10 riders. Its a shame as I think Shaun is one of the best ambassadors the sport has, and he is great to watch. If we want him there, then we would have to find a way to financially support him to do it ( and any others that come along in the same position). I am not saying empty your pockets but it is something that will need looking at sooner or later.

I thought Shaun was a factory supported rider and therefore shouldn't they financial support him or provide assistance?

I thought Shaun was a factory supported rider and therefore shouldn't they financial support him or provide assistance?

He certainly has got his name on the factory truck along with Adam Raga and Alex Wigg. Thought he had the space left when one of the spaniards (Fajardo i think) left for Beta.

He certainly has got his name on the factory truck along with Adam Raga and Alex Wigg. Thought he had the space left when one of the spaniards (Fajardo i think) left for Beta.

Please define what you mean as factory support? As I understand it, there is help with the bikes but as to a decent income in the way of a salary ???...... If this was a high profile sport like golf then they would be getting 20k+ for just showing up but alas, trials is a world apart. ;)

I think it would be more fitting for Gas Gas to define factory support? They might have their names on the truck but I don't think they have any space within it. In fact at the Spanish WTC apart from Gas Gas all the other factory supported trucks and other non factory teams had a host of riders, mechanics etc.

This could be more of a problem to Gas Gas than others or are they consolidating all there support on Raga?

I think there is a general perception in trials that if you have factory support then you are set up good and proper. The situation I think is far from that. I would be interested to hear what a punters view is with respect to what a rider gets as part of a 'factory' deal.

I think it would be more fitting for Gas Gas to define factory support? They might have their names on the truck but I don't think they have any space within it. In fact at the Spanish WTC apart from Gas Gas all the other factory supported trucks and other non factory teams had a host of riders, mechanics etc.

This could be more of a problem to Gas Gas than others or are they consolidating all there support on Raga?

As far as I know, the names of Alexz Wigg and Shaun Morris on the truck are just that - only names. I could be wrong, but understand they are not allowed to use the Gas Gas truck or it's facilities so yes, it would appear Gas Gas are focusing solely on Raga. Seems like a massive expense to ship that truck around Europe to support one rider.

As far as I know, the names of Alexz Wigg and Shaun Morris on the truck are just that - only names. I could be wrong, but understand they are not allowed to use the Gas Gas truck or it's facilities so yes, it would appear Gas Gas are focusing solely on Raga. Seems like a massive expense to ship that truck around Europe to support one rider.

Who manages the Gas Gas factory team? One rider in that whole set up doesn't exactly give you huge confidence in the team, especially when you compare there set up to, not only the other factories but also, the private teams e.g. Future Trial Racing and Top Trial Team.

Edited by Cota Kid

Alexz has had full use of the truck throughout the year and this last weekend, of course Adam Raga gets priority.

The factory have helped no end this year and that has been at John Shirts request I believe, and that help is vital to Alexz's continued success and future performance. That support is surpassed in the UK by John Shirt at Gas gas Motos as witnessed with the best newcomer award at the SSDT.

No one, please correct me if not 100% true, has been more loyal to Gas Gas than Alexz and his father Julian since he first swapped from a TY 80, probably 7 years or so?

That loyalty and the titles he has won, euro youth and then Youth WTC last year have been repaid by factory help this year, when restricted at junior level to a pro racing 125 is faith indeed.

No one can compete with the big budget of the Montesa HRC squad in terms of finance, but in terms of youth success their product is tops.

The fact that English names are on a Spanish and Italian trucks is proof if needed that we have some great prospects in the UK for the next generation.