Learning Trials

autodoc345

I've just bought my first trials bike after riding misc dirt bikes for the last 25+ years. I got a 315r. I am wondering what is the best way to learn, are there good training videos recomended and who sells them? I live in willamette valley area of Oregon and don't know of any groups that are active. I have some very technical hilly area with various size logs down to climb over and a few pallets to jump over in my back yard which has been fun and I think a good start. I was kinda chicken to try the 1 1/2 ' logs but when I did it was no problem the bike whet right over, so soon be ready for more challenge. thanks for your input, Bruce

I've just bought my first trials bike after riding misc dirt bikes for the last 25+ years. I got a 315r. I am wondering what is the best way to learn, are there good training videos recomended and who sells them? I live in willamette valley area of Oregon and don't know of any groups that are active. I have some very technical hilly area with various size logs down to climb over and a few pallets to jump over in my back yard which has been fun and I think a good start. I was kinda chicken to try the 1 1/2 ' logs but when I did it was no problem the bike whet right over, so soon be ready for more challenge. thanks for your input, Bruce

You live in the right place. In the Portland area is COTA and someone will probably chime in as I think there is also a club in So. Oregon.

COTA