Tdn Team

nigel dabster

Now without wishing to be defeatisit I really don't see the British team winning this year, not against Bou, Raga, Caby and co, so should the ACU team selectors think forward?

I respectfully suggest Dibs is a definate but surely there must be a case for Michael Brown to be included as one of the four?

By the time the TDN comes round he will have won the Junior title and (guessing here) will have competed in a couple of WTC top routes by then as well, just like dibs did (in 05?).

So that would leave two places for more experienced riders to show the younger riders the way. Which two is up to others.

Before anyone suggests it there is no hidden agenda here just think it would be good experience/ help the team in the future, and wouldn't affect the overall result anyway?

go on current form

lampkin

dabill

jarvis

morris

brown will be in the team for the next 10 years, its not like its his only chance!!

Think your missing the point of Brown being included this year to gain experience for the next 10 years

go on current form

lampkin

dabill

jarvis

morris

brown will be in the team for the next 10 years, its not like its his only chance!!

Jarvis hasn't done any wtc sections for?

Morris has stopped wtc riding, so current form in wtc would be Browny?

Jarvis hasn't done any wtc sections for?

Morris has stopped wtc riding, so current form in wtc would be Browny?

Ask yourself this. Can Jarvis and Morris beat Michael Brown?

Depends on the trial, I would imagine that Michael would give both a good challenge on wtc sections, not too sure how the Tdn would figure in relation to BChamps or worlds.

But the point of the thread was more shouldn't we have michael there this year which will help next year and the yaer after when the answer to the question above will be an unequivocal yes.

There is no doubt about it. Browny should be in the team.

Martin Lampkin was saying 2 years ago that it was about time he was in the team to give him the experiance.

Although Graham is still briliant in the UK trials he is nearing the end of his career and wouldn't be the best choice for the world round style sections.

go on current form

lampkin

dabill

jarvis

morris

It is difficult to compare current form of the riders. Jarvis is only riding the British Championship whereas Lampkin, Dibs, Morris and Brown are all competing at World level, albeit Michael in the junior. For that reason I would not automatically include Jarvis. Michael will benefit hugely from the experience of competiting in the TdN if he is selected.

lampkin

dabill

jarvis

morris

easliy, brown is really good, and yes been riding the WTC all year, but still 30 marks behind jarvis at brit champs, (that are still hard!) brown has not been on the full route, so i think because the sections are going to be that much tougher, jarvis is the man. next year browny will be on the top route so the team for next year will definitly be,

lampkin

dabill

morris

brown.

and as for people saying its the 'experience', i think doing all the world, euro and british events is 'experience' to takle the tdn. im sure browny will be there heping out and riding anyway. think its going to be a case of trying to hold onto second tho as japans full squad is really good,

fuji

kuroyama

older bro oqawa

under bro ogawa.

still, if all the british team have a mint day, who knows. good luck.

Personall opinions of the lads that would serve us best this year are:

Lampkin

Dabill

Morris

Brown

and for the following year:

Dabill

Brown

Wigg

Morris

Seriously our younger guys are out of this world already and I think a full years experiance of the top BC rides for both Brown and Wigg will do wonders and I would be surprised not to see a British winner indoors outdoors and everywere else for consecutive years from now untill who knows when with how young these guys are! Now all we do need to tackle is the young Mr. Bou our only flaw to the immediate future