Fim 4t Mandate For '08?

Exhaust catalysts are not as expensive as you may think, but they will add a few quid to the price of the bike and compared to other pollutants, motorcycles are not a worry.... The sad thing is that whatever we address, noise emissions, land erosion (hmm), the off road fraternity will be squeezed and squeezed until it is no more.

As I mentioned above (previous post), a lot of the noise is from the modern trials riding styles... No I wouldn't want to see trials go back to no stop, no hop, (even if I was still riding!). I think noise pollution is a worse enemy than air pollution. I'm sure that you are all very tolerant of others due to trials riding... I think it makes people open minded, but from the outside there are many many killjoys who dont see the 'sense in tearing up the countryside'..... and what I've seen many of these are the lowlife that flytip and empty their dogs on the playing fields

In the past noise tests were farcical with riders shoving restrictors/kettle defuzzers up their chuffs. It would be nice if the manufactures made cpable bikes out of the crates and then realistic noise limits can be set.

Anyway whatever you ride enjoy it while you can and I hope its for a long time too :o

What is the point of the FIM worrying about the trifling emissions from a trials bike, be it two or four stroke, when it is being carried round Europe in a van bigger than many people's houses?

What is the point of the FIM worrying about the trifling emissions from a trials bike, be it two or four stroke, when it is being carried round Europe in a van bigger than many people's houses?

The simple reason is because the people that make these rules up dont know the difference between ****e and clay

Great point 2/4, I have often looked at all these enviro things and recycling etc and thought its actually causing more damage than the old way. Your right, WTC bike probably running for 2 hours max a day and its taken a lorry to get it their half way round the world/aeroplane flights etc and they are worried about the emissions of the 2 stroke being damaging.

Good point! Should go back to the old days when you rode your bike to the event (Before my time of course :o )

on another point, the reason I believe Catalytic converters will be expensive for trials bikes is they don't make enough of them to make it worthwhile to gear up mass manufacturing and keep the cost's down.

Good point! Should go back to the old days when you rode your bike to the event (Before my time of course :o )

on another point, the reason I believe Catalytic converters will be expensive for trials bikes is they don't make enough of them to make it worthwhile to gear up mass manufacturing and keep the cost's down.

Another other issue which gives me casue for concern is; without the catalytic converter fitted, BOTH two stroke and four stroke engines give off some very nasty fumes.

Don't ever breath in the exhaust gas from any engine using unleaded fuel unless it's got a working, warmed up cat fitted.

Always re-fuel in a well ventilated location.

Avoid contact with the skin.

And never, NEVER, wash any parts in unleaded petrol.

Because off-road motorcycles are a very easy win for environmental legislators. They're seen to be addressing "green" issues AND sticking it to those noisy, irresponsible hooligans on scrambler bikes in the process. It's a no-lose situation as far as they're concerned and FAR less bother than going after the REAL sources of pollution. Such is the horrifyingly superficial nature of politics in contemporary society.

Because off-road motorcycles are a very easy win for environmental legislators. They're seen to be addressing "green" issues AND sticking it to those noisy, irresponsible hooligans on scrambler bikes in the process. It's a no-lose situation as far as they're concerned and FAR less bother than going after the REAL sources of pollution. Such is the horrifyingly superficial nature of politics in contemporary society.

werealldoomed.jpg

Were all Doomed

:o