Twinshock Rules Clarification Please.

old trials fanatic

OK. As usual with me a bit complicated but i will try to keep it simple.

I've just bought a std TY250 twinshock as a bit of a "project" as if i aint got enough :)

The front forks are pitted so my options are?

1. Have them rechromed. Problem everybody says they are crap forks anyway.

2. Fit a set off a TY250Mono. Have you ever tried to get hold of a set of forks off a TY250mono that arent knackered already?

3. Find and fit a set off something else. Now this i find attractive as there is more chance of finding something than trying to find a set of mono ones. Plus if i can fit a set of 35mm dia ones the fork yokes dont need machining so much unlike with mono TY ones as they are 36mm against the std TY 34mm.

However. What actually are the rules on forks? I know in Pre65 they are quite strict so youend up fitting whatever Betor or Marzocci into Norton or AJS sliders but is this a problem in Twinshock?

Just trying to save a bit of wonga till i can sell the B40. So any suggestions? :o

OTF, Stick weve the std forks get them rechromed! there fine! they work ace on my TY! I Asked Mick Andrews about fitting a mono front end in my bike! mick rode it and said they were spot on, no need to swap front ends at all! :o

hi paul,get the standard forks re-chromed,give me a call,i know a good place for the job.

find a pair of norton or triumph twin inner valve springs use these as spacers,you may have to shorten them

depends how buggered your springs are.

with the forks fully compressed and springs removed,fill to 5 - 6 inches from top with 15 or 20w fork oil

if you experiment you can get them very good