Majest Or Not?

matt_vaughan

Hi, I'v had what I think is a Majesty for around 3 years now, and its been "used"!

Unfortunately my younger brother, who owns half the bike, has dropped it a couple of times in the most unfortunate places :wub:

There's some damage on the tank. I have repaired this damage before, and can do again if nessesary (spelling???)

Basically I would like to know from some of the Majesty Experts here wether my bike is actually a Majesty.

I think it's a 175 cc engine but not sure!

If it is a Majesty I also want to know :

What it's worth in its current "rough" condition?

and is it worth restoring to former glory???...as this would cost quite a lot from what I have gathered! (thank god there's yamaha-majesty.com to provide the essentials)

Pictures :

06072007001ql5.jpg

06072007zi2.jpg

06072007002qn9.jpg

Hi. i am not an expert on majestys but i ride a 250 version.

Looks like a godden framed maj you got there ,its got the full sized frame not the mini frame for school boys of the time.

Its possible its a 200 engine too, but i am not sure how you tell the difference between the 175 and 200.

Cant either tell you what its worth but it seems anything majesty is starting to command high prices.

Dont sell it you may regret it in a few years time,plus they are a great bike to ride :wub:

Cheers

Yes, as Pitley says, Godden framed 175/200. It has the bend at the bottom of the front down tubes. Mini Majesty tubes are straight. Only way to tell if it is a 200 is by the bore as they use a 70mm piston.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Glad to hear its a full size Godden frame.

Looks very much like the engine has been replaced in the past, because it says 125 on the block!!

Think I'll try and get hold of a 250 or 320 motor and replace mine, because the engine on this one is a little shot at. The kickstarts worn and some of the gears inside are worn, I'm assuming someone's run the engine with no oil in it at some point!

Has anyone seen Ian Brown of Pudsey's restoration???

He sent me a CD full of pictures, if anyone would like to see them I'll create a new topic and put some on. The bike is gorgeous!

Thanks again.

Matt

Hi, if you look at the base of the barrel a 200 has a spacer lifting the barrel to achive the correct port timing .

As for fitting a 250/320 engine it will not fit !!!! a 250 is a lot bigger, go for a 200 conversion as i had one fitted

to a whitehawk it was a big improvement over the 175

Hi, if you look at the base of the barrel a 200 has a spacer lifting the barrel to achive the correct port timing .

depends on the piston used, there are various options and I think it's correct that not all need a spacer as some have the same pin to crown height on the piston as the 175.

I always thought the bottom end of the TY's was the same, just that the block and pistons were different size! Maybe someone could shed some light on this for me, and maybe recommend an engine for me to try to get hold of! It would solve a few problems with the bike to just replace the full engine.

The 175 and 250 engines are completely different as budgie said, the 250 is much bigger and won't fit a 175 frame (well, not without the grinder, hacksaw and welder) Maybe you're thinking of the 250 and 320. The 320 is a bored out 250 so they are the same engine.