Mid-ohio

alan_nc

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some what related Question:

Would a 1986 TLR200 Reflex (full lights) qualify as able to participate in an AHRMA trials event?

Biff would refer to this particular machine as the "Repsol Reflex"

Hey Biff what class should I ride if said machine qualifies?

Thanks

Well I'm not sure if this is the last word:

13.2.4 No major components may be later than 1974 (specifically, engine, frame, gearbox, forks and hubs). Only Modern Classic may use components later than 1974 (but limited to pre-1980). Hydraulically assisted brakes and clutches are prohibited.

Your 1986 doesn't seem to fit.

Alan

Some what related Question:

Would a 1986 TLR200 Reflex (full lights) qualify as able to participate in an AHRMA trials event?

Biff would refer to this particular machine as the "Repsol Reflex"

Hey Biff what class should I ride if said machine qualifies?

Thanks

Let me give you the short answer.

No.

But don't get rid of the bike because if they can have the post-vintage crap in mx they will soon have a later class for trials. :D

Naw they dont want the premier light weights (ie brit bikes older than 1970) on the 1 line. The cub batnam james coton greeves other bsa's as well. I think that the bike can do it. I know i can do it. I think that they should have a champ class premier on teh 1 line. I also ride a ty 175 on the one line and the honda that i am building should be 1 line capable. I think that a Mar, suzuki rtl, or the ty 175 are the hot ticket for the 1 line but thats another topic.

--Biff

Not to be a total idiot, (but I am close somedays)

What does ITSA stand for?

International Twin Shock Association

Link: http://www.twinshock.org/

I gave AHRMA a shot, and rode it for one year. Had a great time being around all the vintage bikes, but it was REAL obvious that trials was not much more than an after thought. Trials members were dwindling faster than new ones were coming in. I wish them the best, but it was not worth the cost of admission, for me. In the long run, I would rather get behind a group that is "dedicated" to trials.

AHRMA vs ITSA

Please correct me if I'm wrong;

My understanding/feeling is that AHRMA is a little easier and older bike friendly than ITSA. If you are riding a bike that is allowed by AHRMA then you will qualify for ITSA with no problem - so why not ride both? ITSA membership is $20.00/year and AHMA/$35 so it's not exactly a deal breaker.

And yes, as I have said to AHRMA brass "we in Trials feel like red headed step children", and seem to be treated that way. Me - I just want to ride - don't care what the banner says.

Alan

Hi Alan,

I wouldn't say AHRMA is easier. We ride the same lines.

ITSA just includes bikes that have no where else to ride

competitively any more. Fantics ,Montesa's, etc. from the 80's for example.

ITSA also encourages specials for the fabricator / inventor folks.

Some events have been both AHRMA/ ITSA and even local Vintage events

here in the south.

Hello Group...

My goodness, but just where to start...I've been lurking here for some time and I guess now it's time to participate...some...

I'm Murray Gray (in Modern classic Novice on Alan's list of the Mid O Trials) I've been riding AHRMA and ITSA since 2002.

First I would like to thank all of those involved with putting on the event at Mid O...GREAT job, the rain really made it a good challenge, I rode the sections Saturday afternoon and with the dryer conditions there would have been a lot of ties for lower places...as it turned out it was fun.

I started riding in AHRMA Trials because they offered a "Beginner" class, which, starting in my late forties, I was grateful for. Bob, and therefore ITSA, doesn't believe in a Beginner line and won't have one...however in the few (2) of Bob's "Scottish Format" Trials I have ridden in, at least 5 for the 10 sections were "beginner" level...

AHRMA used to have a message forum, even had a section on Trials...fell by the wayside...I even tried once to get them to add a "Twin Shock" class and the addition of a champion line...something about deaf ears...

Bif...good to meet you, BTW, I've ridden with your Dad for years...Great guy! One year at Dickson TN, I watched Curt Comer ride that big BSA of his in the Modern Classic Expert Class...1 line...and cleaned EVERYBODY'S clock...go for it!

As for Mid O...I will continue to go just because it's Mid O, I would like to see it become a 2 day national, but...well...what ever...

The Trial's at Dickson (ITSA championship AND AHRMA National AND STRA National) will be (according to Bob) held in the "Scottish Format" (no split lines) both days, adding 5 more lines for the "PI" crowd...

AHRMA vs ITSA...I'm like Alan here...I say do both...

Murray

AHRMA used to have a message forum, even had a section on Trials...fell by the wayside...I even tried once to get them to add a "Twin Shock" class and the addition of a champion line...something about deaf ears...

Murray

Funny I just sent an email to the new person at AHMRA about a new forum on their site. She seemed really receptive about it. Too bad I don't know how to manage phpBB.

I think it's too early to get an AHMRA twin shock class. The Modern Classic class is well populated as it is. And we know how the AHRMA is about "newer" bikes, although they don't spit on PV bikes any more...

I think there are things that can be done to improve trials, but it's going to take a few things: good ideas and good people to execute them. We'll just see how many people step up to help compared to those who just complain about it.