Flood Aid?

gizza5

If you can all break out of your tabloid inspired world there is a bigger picture.

Just to simplify it, looks like some need it, wet carpets and starving children (or needy british) do not compare whatever colour their skin or where they live.

I was not suggesting we give all our money to African despots just saying that our lives are not too bad, even when wet, compared to some.

Dabster, what they don't tell you in the tabloids as yet another picture of a starving Zimbabwian child is thrust into your face, is that mad mags has the support of a hell of a lot of Africans. He really is heralded as a hero on that godforsaken continent. And it's this that blows my mind, Africa doesn't want the west, it doesn't want our technology and productive farming methods but when the **** hits the fan (as it always does, don't these people learn from 50 years of post colonial history) it's out with the begging bowls.

Suffer the little children..

If you can all break out of your tabloid inspired world there is a bigger picture.

Just to simplify it, .....

Sounds like you think you hold a higher intellectual status on these things with this blatantly arrogant comment.. just to simplify it you say .. T***

Andy & Cota Kid , you say you won't be contributing to the flood victims but alas you will ! You will be contributing indirectly if you pay tax ( which of course you do).

Its not about Countries, colour of skin or whether these people have insurance or not.........

350,000 homes are without fresh water or electricity (Insurance companies provide cover; but not water or electricity :rolleyes: ). The tankers that went into Tewksbury (2 days too late in my opinion) were empty within minutes, many farm animals will have been lost in these floods, but are not really highlighted through media coverage.

Basic aid is what is required at the moment and these people arn't getting it, very similar to the aid we send to other countries in the immediate aftermath of a natural disater..

and someone try and tell me this is right!!!!

Its not about Countries, colour of skin or whether these people have insurance or not.........

350,000 homes are without fresh water or electricity (Insurance companies provide cover; but not water or electricity :rolleyes: ). The tankers that went into Tewksbury (2 days too late in my opinion) were empty within minutes, many farm animals will have been lost in these floods, but are not really highlighted through media coverage.

Basic aid is what is required at the moment and these people arn't getting it, very similar to the aid we send to other countries in the immediate aftermath of a natural disater..

and someone try and tell me this is right!!!!

Lads..when you have made your decision here is your next contact:-

British red cross floods appeal

My family have a direct involvement in The Saharawan aid trust so I 'KNOW' that not ALL aid donations/appeals are milked,mis-guided or mis-appropriated.

The Saharawans are some of the most resourceful people you could meet ( you wanna see them fix a 30 year old Land Rover in the desert).

Try YouTube.... Desert Geordies or Rainbow Rovers.

It's easy to generalise, I am aware of the corrupt political status in Africa and elsewhere..please do not use that as a reason to do nothing.

Rant over :rolleyes:

Edited by HAM2

• 2 weeks later...

im sorry if i offend anyone on here but i think sending aid etc. to africa is a joke!...especially when there are people in your own country that needs the money. e.g, floods, nspca etc.