World Champ

dixie

What do you think gas gas will say now the 4rt is the worlds best trials bike

there will be loads of people saying raga could of retained his champs if the final round had not been cancelled

i feel sorry for bou he has been short changed,the spark has been taken out of his win,

When he wins again for the next few years lets hope there will be no contraversy

there will be loads of people saying raga could of retained his champs if the final round had not been cancelled

i feel sorry for bou he has been short changed,the spark has been taken out of his win,

When he wins again for the next few years lets hope there will be no contraversy

best bike? Says Who?

The spark was taken out of his win when the spa round was cancelled

Edited by Nigel Dabster

Agree - the 4RT is the Worlds Best Trials bike.

Disagree that loads of people would have said Raga could have retained his champs of Spa hadn't been cancelled. Whilst mathmatically it may have been possible, the reality is Raga didn't have a hope in hell.

But will montesa sell more bike's because of the win,i would'nt think so,there still go for something like a gas gas because the simplicity of the 2 stroke when working on it.

So i would'nt say the 4RT is the best trial's bike in the world, it just had the world's best rider on board.

So i would'nt say the 4RT is the best trial's bike in the world, it just had the world's best rider on board.

Agreed, however, I would say that the 4RT is currently the best 4 stroke trials bike. I would also say that the 4RT sales this year have done better as a percentage increase than any other bike! obviously to the detriment of other makes.

Agreed, however, I would say that the 4RT is currently the best 4 stroke trials bike.

Yes but it's not a proven fact

Put bou on the beta 4 stroke next year and if he come's last,i will agree with you.

But will montesa sell more bike's because of the win,i would'nt think so,there still go for something like a gas gas because the simplicity of the 2 stroke when working on it.

I would rather have a 4 stroke that almost never needs work than a 2 stroke that always needs attention.

Artie

Put bou on the beta 4 stroke next year and if he come's last,i will agree with you.

As you know, it takes more than the bike to win the championship B)

My reasoning on the 4RT is simply its quality of build, virtually no reliability problems, endless mapping options for tunability and more and more people are buying them Always a good sign of a good machine if more peeps are buying them. Compare that to the Sherco 4T and there's no comparison. (even the new one ) . The Scorpa hasn't become very popular either.

The beta 4T could be the next best but there isn't enough of them about to give a fair comparison against a 4RT to say its better. (I am aware of a top local rider who had one but he said that it was underpowered so he has sold it now although It would probably be fine for most of us )

IMHO :D

I would rather have a 4 stroke that almost never needs work than a 2 stroke that always needs attention.

Artie

maybe so artie,but i'd still want to rip the top end off every now and again to make sure everything is good,and as you know 4 stroke's are alot more involved in that department.

endless mapping options for tunability .

IMHO B)

Which is completly useless in the hand's of novice's and probaly allways will be.

Think we might be getting mixed up with people buying the montesa for it's Hi Tech gadget's which does'nt make them a better rider in which case it's not the best 4 stroke.

I have to admit montesa played a blinder there they thought how can we sell more bike's,ohh let's put a Hi Tech map onit people love that kind of thing.

endless mapping options for tunability .

IMHO B)

Which is completly useless in the hand's of novice's and probaly allways will be.

Think we might be getting mixed up with people buying the montesa for it's Hi Tech gadget's which does'nt make them a better rider in which case it's not the best 4 stroke.

I have to admit montesa played a blinder there they thought how can we sell more bike's,ohh let's put a Hi Tech map onit people love that kind of thing.

I beg to differ as its far from completely useless and far from being a gimmick either. Its just a very very simple way of adjusting ignition timing etc without getting your hands dirty. Also, some guys can do the mapping themselves and for those that cant, they can take it to someone else who can do it for them. (If you can use a computer, you could learn how to connect up to the bike and map it. Honest :D )

Its not even Hi-Tech! Its been around since the 60's and digital EFI become mainstream in 1985. Today, 95% of cars have EFI.*

*source :http://www.sdsefi.com/techtheo.htm

maybe so artie,but i'd still want to rip the top end off every now and again to make sure everything is good,and as you know 4 stroke's are alot more involved in that department.

do you rip the top end off your car every now and again to make sure that all is working? if it aint broke dont try and fix it. the honda motor makes owning worry free.

as for Novice tuning. it an easy download. there are soft maps that make the bike easier to ride. that is much easier for a novice than tearing the bike apart to retarding timing, putting in a heavier flywheel or lowering compression.

it electronic tuning vs mechanical. it is faster and easier.

Every week more clubmen buy montys

Good sign of reliability

how many of the 20/25 year old tlr,s that frequent trials are stripped every year ? i know kiddies that have had them forom new and never stripped them

Hardly high maintainance

Every week more clubmen buy montys

Good sign of reliability

how many of the 20/25 year old tlr,s that frequent trials are stripped every year ? i know kiddies that have had them forom new and never stripped them

Hardly high maintainance

To be fair, the motors in the TLR models are much more basic than the 4rt powerplant.