Lamb To The Slaughter

ruffy

Hi guys an girls, newbe here, never been to a trials event or been on a trials bike, i am from the supermoto world and have had to take early retirement due to injurys, been of a bike for over a year now due to a bad crash in the British championships and i am now looking for a new 2 wheeled sport and this has drawn the short straw, i am from Hampshire and will be buying a trials bike in the next few weeks, need to know what, where and when, 2st or 4st, i am a 4st man myself, i have never really got on with 2st, whats the best way to go ? where is the best and most helpfull dealer, when is the next event near me, any good clubs to join ???

Oh and the card is behind the bar, what you all havin !!!

Ruffy

Orange racing

Welcome Ruffy, and before you go any further you will fall off in this sport too..........its a bit slower though :unsure:

2 stroke or 4 stroke it is personal choice, but if you prefer 4 stroke there are Montesa, Sherco, Beta and Scorpa to choose from. The Montesa tends to be the popular choice and is ultra reliable and will suit a clubman rider no problem at all. Of course I am biased as I have one, but I have tried them all and that is the best way to do it.

Go along to a local event and see whats there, ask the riders see what they say; some may even let you try?

I know it is a bit of a trek for you but the guys at BVM in Stroud are very helpful and have many bikes new and secondhand on display, might be worth a trip over.

Good Luck!

Welcome to TC Ruffy.

I have had a go on the fourstrokes and they don't suit me. But then I'm a fairly average club rider. As Gizza says, the Montesa is a good choice if you want a 4t. The Beta's and Scorpa 4t tend to be a bit harder (or impossible) to find and you will have to search the site for peoples thoughts on the Sherco (say no more.)

The two strokes are all pretty similar (for a beginner anyway) each has it's own fors and againsts. If you get chance to come over towards the Midlands, you are more than welcome to try my Scorpa 2t for an hour or two and another of my mates has a Gas Gas 300 you could try; it's the only real way to make your mind up.

Let us know what you chosse and how you get on.

Pete

Thanks for the advice guys, looking forward to getting out and having a go, also the extra money in the bank as it seems a fairly cheap sport ! is it ? how much would you look to spend at a meeting, entry fees etc, im use to forking out around

Thanks for the advice guys, looking forward to getting out and having a go, also the extra money in the bank as it seems a fairly cheap sport ! is it ? how much would you look to spend at a meeting, entry fees etc, im use to forking out around