Week 32 - Secretary

Andy

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This problem of entries of an event like this could be simply fixed by applying online and have it completely automated. There would be virtually no work to be done by a secretary as all the confirmations could be done by email automatically.

I could even envisage the secretary not having to lift a finger organising the entry at all. Also, if its automated to an agreed algorithm, then there could never be any protests.

I do however think that the riders who are likely to win it should have a fair chance so the group of numbers 60 - 80 (for example) could be allocated (based on ranking) and the rest based upon entry time.

For two riders who want to ride together it would just need one person doing a joint entry and 2 places being allocated.

Sounds too simple doesnt it? well if anyone has any experience with MRPII then doing this in comparison would be a doddle :icon_salut:

the only problem i see is with the age of the secretary and there abilities using a computer.... not to say this isn't an excellent idea and full credit to yu ian.

Edited by spud

This problem of entries of an event like this could be simply fixed by applying online and have it completely automated. There would be virtually no work to be done by a secretary as all the confirmations could be done by email automatically.

I could even envisage the secretary not having to lift a finger organising the entry at all. Also, if its automated to an agreed algorithm, then there could never be any protests.

I do however think that the riders who are likely to win it should have a fair chance so the group of numbers 60 - 80 (for example) could be allocated (based on ranking) and the rest based upon entry time.

For two riders who want to ride together it would just need one person doing a joint entry and 2 places being allocated.

Sounds too simple doesnt it? well if anyone has any experience with MRPII then doing this in comparison would be a doddle :blush:

Not a bad idea :rolleyes:

Except for potential winners being given preferential treatment :icon_salut:

the only problem i see is with the age of the secretary and there abilities using a computer.... not to say this isn't an excellent idea and full credit to yu ian.

What a ridiculous statement to make! That's age discrimination and a sweeping generalisation against older folk :icon_salut:

What a ridiculous statement to make! That's age discrimination and a sweeping generalisation against older folk :icon_salut:

.....and much much older ones like Ian.... :rolleyes: I knew where you were going with this K

Seriously, Once the entry is closed put them all in a hat and draw the starting order from that no preferential treatment, no nothing. That way it's fair for every single rider

Not a bad idea :rolleyes:

Kinell, whats all this being nice to me stuff? I aint use to it !!

Except for potential winners being given preferential treatment :icon_salut:

Ooops, spoke too soon. :blush:

No seriously, I think most of the entry are there to have a good days trialling with no hope of winning, but there are a few who can so they should be given the fairest chance and to do this they need to be riding in a similar slot. This would avoid the likes of Dabill getting slot #1 and Jarvis slot #60 and then should Jarvis win then it wouldn't be regarded as a fair win as he had a significant advantage.

And another thing, it would be more entertaining and easy to watch the top groups.

No seriously, I think most of the entry are there to have a good days trialling with no hope of winning, but there are a few who can so they should be given the fairest chance and to do this they need to be riding in a similar slot. This would avoid the likes of Dabill getting slot #1 and Jarvis slot #60 and then should Jarvis win then it wouldn't be regarded as a fair win as he had a significant advantage.

And another thing, it would be more entertaining and easy to watch the top groups.

"Normal service has now resumed"

Either your breath stinks or you're talking out yer a*** again :icon_salut:

"Normal service has now resumed"

Either your breath stinks or you're talking out yer a*** again :icon_salut:

Didnt last long! :rolleyes:

Please explain why?

Seriously, Once the entry is closed put them all in a hat and draw the starting order from that no preferential treatment, no nothing. That way it's fair for every single rider

If you do it like that they won't believe you.

If it's a case of grouping the top lads together then why not set them all off at the front of the entry? They're good enough to ride unscrubbed sections, it would make a nice change :icon_salut:
No seriously, I think most of the entry are there to have a good days trialling with no hope of winning, but there are a few who can so they should be given the fairest chance and to do this they need to be riding in a similar slot.

Didn't I just say that then ? they could ride early late or whatever, but as long as they are grouped its fair.

If you do it like that they won't believe you.

Another reason to automate it. Cant be fiddled then :rolleyes:

Actually, you first said that they should be in the 60-80 group and could have their numbers allocated according to their current ranking. First question is 'what ranking'? Easy enough to work it out for the likes of Dabill and Jarvis but what about the good lads that don't ride the Brit champs?

Turning it around slightly, what if you and Spud were riding a trial and you beat him fair and square. Smiling all the way home until you log on to TC and see him telling the world that you only beat him because you had a later number than him. (Not picking on you Spud but you two appear to have a bit of banter going between you both). Neither of you are going to win the trial but you want to beat each other so why shouldn't you two be grouped together like the top lads?

Admit it, grouping riders and giving them preferential treatment is b*****ks - automating entries and number allocation isn't...

Admit it, grouping riders and giving them preferential treatment is b*****ks - automating entries and number allocation isn't...

Unless of course you state it in the regs:- http://www.richmondmotorclub.com/regs/Scott2007_1.pdf see item 3, It's done in the Scott to keep the riders in a bunch for longer + there's a daylight problem at the end of October.