How Big?

crasherinc

Hi folks, just thinking of having a go at this as a way of getting a bit fitter - haven't really ridden since I was a kid - about 30 years ago! Just wondering about the pro's and con's of 20 " wheels against 26" wheels, so any helpful info would be.........well........helpful! I have no dreams of being able to do anything impressive but would like to be able to do some rock hoppin stuff etc etc.

Cheers. PS I'm 6.0ft and about 11 stone in old money!

Hi, i know this wiil cause controversey (sp?) but i ride a 26" and as a full grown adult i think you look a bit daft on a 20", fine if you are a yoof or in a big group, but on your own i think it looks a bit odd. also a 26" is more similar to a moto size wise.

You could always put a sidecar on it if you wanted, we had one on a raliegh GRIFTER when we were kids, it was great fun!!! :o

Edited by lastplacebrad

I'm 6'2" and used to be quite good on a 20" up to the age of around 16 even, but 30 years on my lads bike feels like riding a roller skate with handlebars. I can't do anything on it. OK I've grown a little outwards, but not upwards.

I'd definately go for 26".

i ride a 26" as a full grown adult

Who are you and what have you done with the real lastplacebrad? :o

(I know I've opened myself up for some abuse so I thought I'd abuse someone else while I've got the chance :rotfl:)

I'm 6'2" and used to be quite good on a 20" up to the age of around 16 even, but 30 years on my lads bike feels like riding a roller skate with handlebars. I can't do anything on it. OK I've grown a little outwards, but not upwards.

I'd definately go for 26".

i ride a 26" as a full grown adult

Who are you and what have you done with the real lastplacebrad? :o

(I know I've opened myself up for some abuse so I thought I'd abuse someone else while I've got the chance :D)

:o:rotfl: Very very funny!!, now where has my ball gone i need to take it home!!!