Overheating!

drhud

I fixed my problem. The regulator has an external capacitor and one of the wires was broke off. This was on a 315R, I dont know about the scorpa.

Problem solved. I found a small pine leaf/ needle in my carb. When the mechanic I was riding with heard it, he felt it was the sound of the bike overheating. He checked the air behind the fan and said it was cool, meaning the fan was only blowing and not drawing air through the radiator. The engine was pinging quite loud and felt like it was going to die at high revs.

So, with the help of many, I was able to find the problem and the bike ran great all weekend. A little coolant leaking, but I'm assuming that is from the gasket when I checked the impellar.

Thanks to all for your help.

A pine needle?........A pine needle??!! ..how did that get in there?

I think we should start a competion to see who has found the largest piece of debris in their carb'.

I know someone who dried their airbox with newspaper and didn't get it all out before re-assembly,the bugger would not start!!?? :D

Edited by HAM2

"A pine needle?........A pine needle??!! ..how did that get in there?

I think we should start a competion to see who has found the largest piece of debris in their carb'."

Well I didnt find anything in my carb! The mouse must have acted like a brush and cleaned it through nicely! The little bugger chewed through the air cleaner and dropped into the airbox. I did have trouble starting and after running roughly for five minutes it cleared up. I decided to do a check and found a typical 4x4 cm large mouse hole in the air cleaner. :ph34r:

Problem solved. I found a small pine leaf/ needle in my carb.

It is amazing what you sometimes find in there.

It's easy to get stuff into your float bowl.

It can fall into the fuel line downstream of the filter when the hose is off the carby.

It can get in via the air intake when you are cleaning the air filter.

If you are really clever you can get it in through a float bowl vent line using a high pressure washer or compressed air.

It can even fall in just as you are refitting the carby bowl.

The most common pilot jet blockage item I've found is grass seed. Just the right size. The most common main jet blockage item I've seen would have to be water.